Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trivial Pursuit of Comics!

3 posters

Go down

The Trivial Pursuit of Comics! Empty The Trivial Pursuit of Comics!

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:35 am

I have bought recently in a local mall a Special Edition of Trivial Pursuit, discounted, dedicated to all things about comics even if it's "branded" by Sergio Bonelli Editore, Italian main publisher of comics (Tex a Western comic published regularly since 1948! Dylan Dog, Nathan Never, Magic Wind and many others). Since Trivial Pursuit is not as popular here as, say, Monopoly, I didn't know that several variant editions of this game existed, then I have seen them online; meanwhile here are some photos of this Italian Trivial Pursuit of comics, more photos to follow with inside parts and the small book included with the game, of which you can see the cover in the second photo below, contanining a short history of Sergio Bonelli Editore through its many changes of name, what never changed was the ownership by the family; in 1964-1965 they even published strange Italian versions of Magnus Robot Fighter and Solar, Man of the Atom... Cool
Do you have a Trivial Pursuit of comics in your country too?  Wink

The Trivial Pursuit of Comics! 20220310
The Trivial Pursuit of Comics! 20220313
The Trivial Pursuit of Comics! 20220312
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The Trivial Pursuit of Comics! Empty Re: The Trivial Pursuit of Comics!

Post by MajorHoy Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:29 pm

Not sure if there have been Trivial Pursuit editions focusing on comic books here in the U.S., but then again it's been a while since I've paid attention to that game. (Can't even remember when I last played it, though I have an edition or two and maybe a card expansion set somewhere?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:20 pm

This makes me remember that in 1994 the then weekly mistery/thriller popular book series Il Giallo Mondadori, whose first issue was published in 1929 and is still sold today at newsstands, as a monthly, started a promotion where, you could have some special Trivial Pursuit theme cards bagged with the book for 10 issues but also, by collecting a proof of purchase included in the same book for ten issues and sending them in a enveloppe to Mondadori Publishing, you could also receive the other cards that completed the exclusive edition of the game and its special yellow (Giallo, in Italian) plastic container.  Cool
I remember that I missed two issues and so wasn't able to complete the proof of purchase Set to be sent but, from time to time, when I put my books in order, some "Trivial Pursuit Il Giallo Mondadori" cards still resurface....  Laughing

Some images of that rare "Trivial Pursuit Il Giallo Mondadori" edition game can be found here:  Very Happy
http://www.delittopaura.altervista.org/curiosita9.html
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:35 am

Barry_Allen wrote:l Giallo Mondadori[/b], whose first issue was published in 1929 and is still sold today at newsstands, as a monthly, started a promotionl

That all looks really cool. And I have never seen an English language trivial pursuit for comics. Would be fun, though,
Mbast1
Mbast1

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down