George and Lynne RIP ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by MLP* on Sat May 15, 2010 6:32 am

The last line of this report suggests that George and Lynne are being dropped from The Sun :

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2974000/Two-new-comic-strips-to-start-in-Sun.html

"Don't worry George & Lynne fans, you can still follow the pair's antics here on this website."

Sad news if true.

MLP*

Posts : 273
Join date : 2010-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by tony ingram on Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 am

I find this very sad-though in no way surprising. The Sun have never appreciated the strip section or the efforts of the creators who worked on it-just ask Romero or Pete Nash. But this really is the end of an era. George & Lynne were as much a part of The Sun as the page 3 girl, or sensationalist scaremongering.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:50 am

From Monday you can read the hilarious adventures of Wallace & Gromit every day, in a strip co-created by multi Oscar-winning Aardman Animations.
I take it the word "vomit" is not quite that common in the UK?

(By the way, the website won't let me read any more of that article unless I get a Sun+ membership.)

MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:19 am

MajorHoy wrote:
From Monday you can read the hilarious adventures of Wallace & Gromit every day, in a strip co-created by multi Oscar-winning Aardman Animations.
I take it the word "vomit" is not quite that common in the UK?

(By the way, the website won't let me read any more of that article unless I get a Sun+ membership.)
It is, but I had never seen any similarity between Gromit and vomit before you mentioned it. Gromit is a beloved animated TV character who everyone should know.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by Lucy McGough on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:45 am

MajorHoy wrote:(By the way, the website won't let me read any more of that article unless I get a Sun+ membership.)
Yes, all of Mr Murdoch's newspaper websites are protected by a paywall.

Lucy McGough

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 28
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:47 am

Lucy McGough wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:(By the way, the website won't let me read any more of that article unless I get a Sun+ membership.)
Yes, all of Mr Murdoch's newspaper websites are protected by a paywall.
I prefer to think that the paywall protects the public from Mr Murdoch's newspapers.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by Lucy McGough on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:10 am

LOL Very Happy

Lucy McGough

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 28
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:15 am

The sad thing is, The Sun was once a pretty decent newspaper.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:42 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Lucy McGough wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:(By the way, the website won't let me read any more of that article unless I get a Sun+ membership.)
Yes, all of Mr Murdoch's newspaper websites are protected by a paywall.
I prefer to think that the paywall protects the public from Mr Murdoch's newspapers.
Oh, we're aware of Mr. Murduck here in the NYC area since he took over the New York Post years and years ago.

MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:53 pm

That's certainly an unforgettable headline... Shocked 

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: George and Lynne RIP ?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:08 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum