Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Hourglass on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=sony_slings_raimi_and_maguire

What do you guys makes of this? I'm hugely disappointed. What are Sony thinking.

Hourglass

Posts : 466
Join date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Spiff_B on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Not sure really. Needed a big change after Spidey 3 -- the worst comics-related movie I've seen -- and based on that, wouldn't miss Raimi, as the first one was nothing special either.

Never liked Maguire as Peter, but rebooting so we've another origin movie to sleep through...?

Spiff_B

Posts : 125
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Birmingham

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:05 pm

This strikes me as a spectacularly bad idea. I didn't think much of the third movie, but a reboot? Why!!?

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Hourglass on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm

I bet XMEN will get this too. XMEN 3 was AWFUL

Hourglass

Posts : 466
Join date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Hourglass wrote:I bet XMEN will get this too. XMEN 3 was AWFUL
Well, it had a lot of problems certainly, most of them due to late personnel changes. But the recent Wolverine movie seems to indicate they still consider the franchise viable.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Spiff_B on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Hourglass wrote:I bet XMEN will get this too. XMEN 3 was AWFUL
Well, it had a lot of problems certainly, most of them due to late personnel changes. But the recent Wolverine movie seems to indicate they still consider the franchise viable.
The next X-Men is a kinda of reboot, isn't it? An 'X-Men: The Early Years' kind of thing, with the overrated Bryan Singer directing again.

Spiff_B

Posts : 125
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Birmingham

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Spiff_B wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Hourglass wrote:I bet XMEN will get this too. XMEN 3 was AWFUL
Well, it had a lot of problems certainly, most of them due to late personnel changes. But the recent Wolverine movie seems to indicate they still consider the franchise viable.
The next X-Men is a kinda of reboot, isn't it? An 'X-Men: The Early Years' kind of thing, with the overrated Bryan Singer directing again.
That's not really a reboot though, more of a prequel.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Spiff_B on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Not a reboot as such, but recurring characters will be recast so will have the feel of a reboot.

Spiff_B

Posts : 125
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Birmingham

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Spiff_B wrote:Not a reboot as such, but recurring characters will be recast so will have the feel of a reboot.
Well, that's inevitable if it's set several years in the past, I guess. I doubt we'll ever see James Marsden back as Cyclops, anyway, given his abrupt departure from the third movie.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Sandhopper on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:44 am

Terrible idea.

I rather liked Spider-Man 3 - in fact it's my favourite of the movies - but even if I hadn't I'd still think this was a terrible idea. And all happening apparently because Sony are in too much of a hurry and being too greedy. Nothing startling in that kind of behaviour from Hollywood of course.

They've lost one person anyway - I've got no interest in the franchise at all now.

Sandhopper

Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 pm

tony ingram wrote:This strikes me as a spectacularly bad idea. I didn't think much of the third movie, but a reboot? Why!!?
New blood, which may mean new younger fans and more $'s.

Also, it's probably cheaper to start over with new, younger actors than it is to try and come up with new ideas and pay higher salaries to people getting long-in-the-tooth for the same roles.

MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Mbast1 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:41 pm

MajorHoy wrote:to start over with new, younger actors than it is to try and come up with new ideas and pay higher salaries to people getting long-in-the-tooth for the same roles.

Which is part of the problem with superhero movies. It doesn't work with real people to keep them forever a certain age.

Mbast1

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:to start over with new, younger actors than it is to try and come up with new ideas and pay higher salaries to people getting long-in-the-tooth for the same roles.

Which is part of the problem with superhero movies. It doesn't work with real people to keep them forever a certain age.
Well, it's not quite as much of an issue with actors who are already adults as it is with younger actors who are still notably aging during the filming, though unless you do a lot of the filming for multiple movies at the same time, it can be a problem. (Also, the longer the contract you lock people into, the less of an issue money can become.)

MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:55 pm

I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years. It's not really something you tend to notice until it's pointed out and then it comes as a mild shock.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Sam_Vimes on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:16 pm

tony ingram wrote:I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years. It's not really something you tend to notice until it's pointed out and then it comes as a mild shock.

That means he's been playing Wolverine for as long as I'd been alive since he started playing him.  Shocked 

Sam_Vimes

Posts : 414
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 30
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Sam_Vimes wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years. It's not really something you tend to notice until it's pointed out and then it comes as a mild shock.

That means he's been playing Wolverine for as long as I'd been alive since he started playing him.  Shocked 
I was 30 when X-Men came out. Scary. It seems like yesterday.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by MajorHoy on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:17 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Sam_Vimes wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years. It's not really something you tend to notice until it's pointed out and then it comes as a mild shock.
That means he's been playing Wolverine for as long as I'd been alive since he started playing him.  Shocked 
I was 30 when X-Men came out. Scary. It seems like yesterday.
Elvis Presley died 37 years ago today . . . I was sixteen at the time, and he seemed like he was an old guy when that happened, but he was only 42 then.

MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:56 pm

I barely remember him. I know the news was full of it at the time, but to me he was just some fat bloke in another country.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by MajorHoy on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:42 pm

tony ingram wrote:I barely remember him. I know the news was full of it at the time, but to me he was just some fat bloke in another country.
Well, sort of. But he was really big in his day (popularity-wise, not size-wise). And his early movie efforts showed a lot of potential as an actor.

MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:01 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I barely remember him. I know the news was full of it at the time, but to me he was just some fat bloke in another country.
Well, sort of. But he was really big in his day (popularity-wise, not size-wise). And his early movie efforts showed a lot of potential as an actor.
Oh, sure. I know that. But I was seven at the time. If Lee Majors had died, I'd have been devastated. Elvis wasn't really on my radar.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5734
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Mbast1 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm

tony ingram wrote:I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years.

And I remember how mad some fans were that he wasn't really short.

Mbast1

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Mbast1 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:34 pm

tony ingram wrote:Elvis wasn't really on my radar.  

Being from the US, he was all over mine. Plus, I had (have...) an Aunt who was really a fan of his. There's a family story about his car hitting hers after an accident, and her getting an autograph from him, plus a copy of the accident report.
My Dad still says she caused the accident on purpose...

Mbast1

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:42 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum