Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

+3
tony ingram
Spiff_B
Hourglass
7 posters

Go down

Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too Empty Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Hourglass Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=sony_slings_raimi_and_maguire

What do you guys makes of this? I'm hugely disappointed. What are Sony thinking.
Hourglass
Hourglass

Back to top Go down

Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too Empty Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by Spiff_B Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Not sure really. Needed a big change after Spidey 3 -- the worst comics-related movie I've seen -- and based on that, wouldn't miss Raimi, as the first one was nothing special either.

Never liked Maguire as Peter, but rebooting so we've another origin movie to sleep through...?
Spiff_B
Spiff_B

Back to top Go down

Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too Empty Re: Spiderman 4 reboot- new actor, new director too

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:05 pm

This strikes me as a spectacularly bad idea. I didn't think much of the third movie, but a reboot? Why!!?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hourglass Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm

I bet XMEN will get this too. XMEN 3 was AWFUL
Hourglass
Hourglass

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Hourglass wrote:I bet XMEN will get this too. XMEN 3 was AWFUL
Well, it had a lot of problems certainly, most of them due to late personnel changes. But the recent Wolverine movie seems to indicate they still consider the franchise viable.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiff_B Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Well, it had a lot of problems certainly, most of them due to late personnel changes. But the recent Wolverine movie seems to indicate they still consider the franchise viable.
The next X-Men is a kinda of reboot, isn't it? An 'X-Men: The Early Years' kind of thing, with the overrated Bryan Singer directing again.
Spiff_B
Spiff_B

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Spiff_B wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
The next X-Men is a kinda of reboot, isn't it? An 'X-Men: The Early Years' kind of thing, with the overrated Bryan Singer directing again.
That's not really a reboot though, more of a prequel.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiff_B Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Not a reboot as such, but recurring characters will be recast so will have the feel of a reboot.
Spiff_B
Spiff_B

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Spiff_B wrote:Not a reboot as such, but recurring characters will be recast so will have the feel of a reboot.
Well, that's inevitable if it's set several years in the past, I guess. I doubt we'll ever see James Marsden back as Cyclops, anyway, given his abrupt departure from the third movie.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandhopper Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:44 am

Terrible idea.

I rather liked Spider-Man 3 - in fact it's my favourite of the movies - but even if I hadn't I'd still think this was a terrible idea. And all happening apparently because Sony are in too much of a hurry and being too greedy. Nothing startling in that kind of behaviour from Hollywood of course.

They've lost one person anyway - I've got no interest in the franchise at all now.
Sandhopper
Sandhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 pm

tony ingram wrote:This strikes me as a spectacularly bad idea. I didn't think much of the third movie, but a reboot? Why!!?
New blood, which may mean new younger fans and more $'s.

Also, it's probably cheaper to start over with new, younger actors than it is to try and come up with new ideas and pay higher salaries to people getting long-in-the-tooth for the same roles.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:41 pm

MajorHoy wrote:to start over with new, younger actors than it is to try and come up with new ideas and pay higher salaries to people getting long-in-the-tooth for the same roles.

Which is part of the problem with superhero movies. It doesn't work with real people to keep them forever a certain age.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:to start over with new, younger actors than it is to try and come up with new ideas and pay higher salaries to people getting long-in-the-tooth for the same roles.

Which is part of the problem with superhero movies. It doesn't work with real people to keep them forever a certain age.
Well, it's not quite as much of an issue with actors who are already adults as it is with younger actors who are still notably aging during the filming, though unless you do a lot of the filming for multiple movies at the same time, it can be a problem. (Also, the longer the contract you lock people into, the less of an issue money can become.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:55 pm

I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years. It's not really something you tend to notice until it's pointed out and then it comes as a mild shock.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:16 pm

tony ingram wrote:I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years. It's not really something you tend to notice until it's pointed out and then it comes as a mild shock.

That means he's been playing Wolverine for as long as I'd been alive since he started playing him.  Shocked 
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Sam_Vimes wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years. It's not really something you tend to notice until it's pointed out and then it comes as a mild shock.

That means he's been playing Wolverine for as long as I'd been alive since he started playing him.  Shocked 
I was 30 when X-Men came out. Scary. It seems like yesterday.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:17 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Sam_Vimes wrote:
I was 30 when X-Men came out. Scary. It seems like yesterday.
Elvis Presley died 37 years ago today . . . I was sixteen at the time, and he seemed like he was an old guy when that happened, but he was only 42 then.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:56 pm

I barely remember him. I know the news was full of it at the time, but to me he was just some fat bloke in another country.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:42 pm

tony ingram wrote:I barely remember him. I know the news was full of it at the time, but to me he was just some fat bloke in another country.
Well, sort of. But he was really big in his day (popularity-wise, not size-wise). And his early movie efforts showed a lot of potential as an actor.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:01 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I barely remember him. I know the news was full of it at the time, but to me he was just some fat bloke in another country.
Well, sort of. But he was really big in his day (popularity-wise, not size-wise). And his early movie efforts showed a lot of potential as an actor.
Oh, sure. I know that. But I was seven at the time. If Lee Majors had died, I'd have been devastated. Elvis wasn't really on my radar.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm

tony ingram wrote:I was slightly stunned recently to realize that Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years.

And I remember how mad some fans were that he wasn't really short.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:34 pm

tony ingram wrote:Elvis wasn't really on my radar.  

Being from the US, he was all over mine. Plus, I had (have...) an Aunt who was really a fan of his. There's a family story about his car hitting hers after an accident, and her getting an autograph from him, plus a copy of the accident report.
My Dad still says she caused the accident on purpose...
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum