Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Christopher Ecclestone departure - Jump or pushed?

+3
Lucy Ingram
Mbast1
alanultron5
7 posters

Go down

The Christopher Ecclestone departure - Jump or pushed? Empty The Christopher Ecclestone departure - Jump or pushed?

Post by alanultron5 Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm rather behind the times! I have recently been told (by a friend of my partner `Charlotte`) that Chris Ecclestone left Dr Who as it seems he had been `bullied` in some way!

Sounds incredible! Is this balderdash-or is there any truth in it? Anyone help please?

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

The Christopher Ecclestone departure - Jump or pushed? Empty Re: The Christopher Ecclestone departure - Jump or pushed?

Post by Mbast1 Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:24 am

alanultron5 wrote: Anyone help please?

From what I've read, I'd say there is no answer. No one involved has really said, so anything else is speculation.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

The Christopher Ecclestone departure - Jump or pushed? Empty Re: The Christopher Ecclestone departure - Jump or pushed?

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 am

No-one could bully Christopher Eccleston. He's from Salford!
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:19 am

I heard he didn't like the hectic production schedule, or something.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:11 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:I heard he didn't like the hectic production schedule, or something.
I heard it was more to do with him not liking the attitude of certain members of the upper management and the way they treated the crew...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:12 am

They may indeed be it. Maybe the hectic schedule thing was the "official line" or something. Or maybe I just imagined it. Either way, yours sounds familiar.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by codywillis1 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:02 am

Yeah, tony has hit the nail on the head; Eccleston has said as much, albeit without naming any names, of course.
codywillis1
codywillis1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 am

Unfortunately, I thin k it's probably soured his relationship with the show for good. Has he even worked for the BBC since leaving?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by codywillis1 Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:10 am

Yes, I think so.
codywillis1
codywillis1

Back to top Go down

Post by allen_who Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:15 am

I can answer this question as I've done work for the BBC in Cardiff and have asked the same question. He unequivocally left because he didn't like the way the hierarcy were treating the lesser known actors and the extras. He was disgusted in fact. He, himself however was never bullied so far as I know

allen_who

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:01 am

Sounds about right. Eccleston is something of a crusader, and good for him. I wonder if his departure sparked a change in the way things were done behind the scenes.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:53 pm

It's what the Doctor would have done.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:It's what the Doctor would have done.
Well, I suppose technically, it's what the Doctor did do...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Very Happy
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm

allen_who wrote:I can answer this question as I've done work for the BBC in Cardiff and have asked the same question. He unequivocally left because he didn't like the way the hierarcy were treating the lesser known actors and the extras. He was disgusted in fact. He, himself however was never bullied so far as I know

While I think he could have gone on doing it for longer and I would have enjoyed it, Bravo for him. I now like him even more.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:03 pm

I have to say, I appreciate his portrayal of the Doctor more now than I did in 2005.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by codywillis1 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 am

He was an awesome Doctor, and its a great shame we lost him so soon due to the unprofessionalism of others. Sad
codywillis1
codywillis1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:55 am

I like that the reason he left was such a very. . ."Doctorish" reason. I wish I didn't know this, though, as now there will be a slight pall over that first season whenever I re-watch it (which is often; Nine was my first Doctor, so he and his stories have a special place in my heart).
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:I like that the reason he left was such a very. . ."Doctorish" reason. I wish I didn't know this, though, as now there will be a slight pall over that first season whenever I re-watch it (which is often; Nine was my first Doctor, so he and his stories have a special place in my heart).
I can understand that, though I don't know why it should affect your enjoyment of the first season. What did Bill Hartnell ever do to anyone? Question
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 am

He willingly wore that wig, for one thing.

I suppose I meant "that 27th season", didn't I?
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:He willingly wore that wig, for one thing.
And in doing so, instituted a grand tradition which Paul McGann continued (and come to think of it, I'm still half convinced Pertwee's hair wasn't real by 1974, either)...

I suppose I meant "that 27th season", didn't I?
Thank you. Point made, I think. Wink
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down