Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight

+2
Sam_Vimes
MLP*
6 posters

Go down

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight Empty Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight

Post by MLP* Fri May 18, 2012 8:44 am

Picked up the new hardback reprinting Jim Aparo's early Brave and the Bold issues.

Read the first couple of issues and it's a hoot.

I love the fact that Batman turns up to a funeral in full costume and also has a godson. (So presumably he turned up to the christening in lycra as well !)

In the second issue, Batman is shot and the bullet lodges in his heart. Which the doctor's treat by putting a bandage over his costume. scratch

Glorious stuff ! lol!
MLP*
MLP*

Back to top Go down

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight

Post by Sam_Vimes Fri May 18, 2012 9:55 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes his Batman funny. I'll have to check that book out.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight

Post by Mbast1 Fri May 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Sam_Vimes wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes his Batman funny.

I still want a reprint book of the stories where Batman went Sci-Fi. I really do.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat May 19, 2012 9:15 am

There is far too little Bat-Mite material available these days.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MLP* Sat May 19, 2012 11:31 am

In the third issue, a blonde heiress's life is in danger but she wants to sneak out of the house anyway.
So she places a life sized dummy of herself in bed and then sneaks out of the house wearing a life size suit that makes her appear to be a male chinese waiter. Simples ! Very Happy

In issue 4 Deadman's girlfriend is going to to be sent to prison, so in order to spare her that he shoots and kills her. Shocked

The Teen Titans turn up with some toe curlingly "hip" and "groovy" dialogue too. Very Happy

MLP*
MLP*

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat May 19, 2012 1:46 pm

MLP* wrote:In the third issue, a blonde heiress's life is in danger but she wants to sneak out of the house anyway.
So she places a life sized dummy of herself in bed and then sneaks out of the house wearing a life size suit that makes her appear to be a male chinese waiter. Simples ! Very Happy
As you would, naturally...

In issue 4 Deadman's girlfriend is going to to be sent to prison, so in order to spare her that he shoots and kills her. Shocked

The Teen Titans turn up with some toe curlingly "hip" and "groovy" dialogue too. Very Happy

See, this is what I miss about the old days-those books had a unique logic all their own! Remember Bruce Wayne's insane elder brother, Thomas, who had been locked in an asylum for years as a dark family secret? Then Deadman decided that since Thomas was out of his mind anyway, he might as well lay permanent claim to his body... Laughing
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MLP* Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 pm

I've reached the issue where Batman dies and the Atom has to climb inside his head and steer his corpse like one of the Numskulls.

There are not words... Shocked
MLP*
MLP*

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:46 pm

MLP* wrote:I've reached the issue where Batman dies and the Atom has to climb inside his head and steer his corpse like one of the Numskulls.

And it's still more believable than 90% of modern Batman stories! Razz
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:20 pm

MLP* wrote:I've reached the issue where Batman dies and the Atom has to climb inside his head and steer his corpse like one of the Numskulls.

"Gottle o' geer! Gottle o' geer!"
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:38 am

What you need to find are the Super-Sons stories from the 1970s that Bob Haney wrote for World's Finest.

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight 300px-World's_Finest_Comics_215

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight 300px-World's_Finest_Comics_216

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight 300px-World's_Finest_Comics_221

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight 300px-World's_Finest_Comics_222

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight World's_Finest_Comics_224

Batman - Legends Of The Dark Knight 300px-World's_Finest_Comics_228

And there were a few more after those.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:05 am

I still don't think I can recall ever reading a Super Sons story.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down