Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creator Backlash Against the New DC?

2 posters

Go down

Creator Backlash Against the New DC? Empty Creator Backlash Against the New DC?

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:08 am

In the past couple of weeks Alex Ross, Mark Waid and Greg Rucka have all indicated that they don't like recent developments at DC Comics, don't feel these are books they'd want to work on again, and don't feel there's a place for them at DC anymore. Now George Perez is very publicly speaking out against what he sees as unprofessionalism, miscommunication and unecessary editorial interference at the company and his unhappiness with the way he was treated while writing Superman and redesigning Power Girl. Should DC be worried at what seems to be a growing trend of dissatisfaction and criticism from such high profile creators?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Creator Backlash Against the New DC? Empty Re: Creator Backlash Against the New DC?

Post by Sam_Vimes Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:48 am

I think DC WOULD be worried if anyone else were in charge. But, you know, we're dealing with the guy who got rid of Chuck Dixon. His ego's far more important to him than talent, I think.

Good for those guys, though. I remember feeling quite ill at how Dan Jurgens and Keith Giffen both just fell in line after the reboot. I mean, what I personally considered to be thier greatest works (Superman and JLI, naturally) were being done away with, and did they care as much as I did? No. In fact, they MOCKED me for caring. Screw those guys. I wish I'd known as a child they were just wasting my time, I could've given more money to Marvel instead.

But yeah, this doesn't look good for DC. Ross, Waid, Rucka and Perez are triple A talent.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Creator Backlash Against the New DC? Empty Re: Creator Backlash Against the New DC?

Post by tony ingram Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:45 am

Add Mike Mignola to the list of those unhappy with the way things are going...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down