Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel's All-New Invaders

2 posters

Go down

Marvel's All-New Invaders Empty Marvel's All-New Invaders

Post by MajorHoy Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Marvel's All-New Invaders Issue_10
In case anyone is interested, this issue winds up a three-issue arc with the original Deathlok the Detroyer

Marvel's All-New Invaders Luther_Manning_(Earth-7484)_0001

and on the last three pages, we get The Mighty Destroyer, Union Jack, and Spitfire about to tackle a giant metal contraption attacking London, as well as a red-headed gentleman in a straight-jacket and a padded room repeatedly mumbling "The Martians are coming. They're coming."
Marvel's All-New Invaders 5386789058_0793c999a5_z

It's been an interesting ride so far by James Robinson as the writer, and even though this series is set in the present, it has plenty of nods to the WWII Invaders as well as other characters from Marvel's past. (And currently, we're about to see what happened to Toro (Thomas Raymond), who's now revealed to apparently have an Inhuman bloodline somehow?)

Preview for issue #10 is here: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/preview-all-new-invaders-10/1100-149882/
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Marvel's All-New Invaders Empty Re: Marvel's All-New Invaders

Post by MajorHoy Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:26 pm

All-New Invaders #11 is due out here in the U.S. on October 22nd (a week from Wednesday).

Marvel's All-New Invaders _all-n10
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm really enjoying this book, though I suspect that it doesn't have long to go (events elsewhere concerning Namor and Cap are making it unlikely they'll be around much in the near future). I'm also a little concerned that they might be about to change Toro beyond all recognition, which would be unfortunate after we've waited all these months for him...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

tony ingram wrote:I'm really enjoying this book, though I suspect that it doesn't have long to go (events elsewhere concerning Namor and Cap are making it unlikely they'll be around much in the near future). I'm also a little concerned that they might be about to change Toro beyond all recognition, which would be unfortunate after we've waited all these months for him...
Numbers aren't too encouraging, either.

From the Top 300 comic books for September (which I believe is basically orders through Diamond Distrib. plus a few minor factors),
* 139th - ALL NEW INVADERS #10 - 17,821 copies
(http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/29843.html)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:13 pm

As usual, people complain that Marvel concentrate too much on the big name characters and don't put out books featuring supposedly lesser ones-and then, when they do, they don't buy them... Crying or Very sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:50 pm

tony ingram wrote:As usual, people complain that Marvel concentrate too much on the big name characters and don't put out books featuring supposedly lesser ones-and then, when they do, they don't buy them... Crying or Very sad
Well, to be honest, how many younger readers probably even care about a comic book based on a team that was active in WWII? Robinson isn't one of the "young and hip up-and-coming" writers, and the book doesn't have the words "Spider-Man", "X-Men", or even "Avengers" in the title.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:56 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:As usual, people complain that Marvel concentrate too much on the big name characters and don't put out books featuring supposedly lesser ones-and then, when they do, they don't buy them... Crying or Very sad
Well, to be honest, how many younger readers probably even care about a comic book based on a team that was active in WWII? Robinson isn't one of the "young and hip up-and-coming" writers, and the book doesn't have the words "Spider-Man", "X-Men", or even "Avengers" in the title.
That was kind of my point. The same people who complain that all Marvel put out are Avengers and X-titles do not support the more diverse titles. One guy on another forum actually said he had always been a fan of the Invaders, but hadn't bothered buying this series because he knew it wouldn't last! That's just mad. If nobody bothers to buy it because they think it won't last, the only logical outcome is that it won't last-it's a self fulfilling prophecy!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down