Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue

3 posters

Go down

Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Empty Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Don't know if anybody is still following this title (I confess I'm not), but if anybody is interested, . . .
Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Hawkma21
Hawkman #27
Written By Robert Venditti
Art By Fernando Pasarin And Oclair Albert
Cover By Mikel Janín
Variant Cover By Sebastian Fiumara
ON SALE 09/08/20
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC

Hawks reborn! Hawkman and Hawkwoman receive the precious gift of life one last time and return to the past where they were happiest—back with the Justice Society of America! But nostalgia’s not all it’s cracked up to be with the Injustice Society on the loose! And who’s the mysterious figure plotting to cut Hawkman’s final life short from the shadows?
https://www.gamesradar.com/dcs-september-2020-solicitations-and-covers/
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Empty Re: Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:05 pm

Me too I have abandoned it soon after Brian Hitch left the title, but I know there was a guy on Twitter (I have found it, it is @Hawkworld_ ) who was really crazy for the Hawks! Very Happy
Here's his latest image published, with upcoming covers:Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Hawkwo10

Last edited by Barry_Allen on Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Empty Re: Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:28 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Me too I have abandoned it soon after Brian Hitch left the title, but I know there was a guy on Twitter (maybe @Hawkman_ I don't remember well now) who was really crazy for the Hawks! Very Happy
I'm one of those people who use to enjoy them, but they started to lose me when they went into the never-ending recycling/reincarnation stuff. I never even bought any of the post-Rebirth run because it was sounding like they were making it too convoluted and trying to include everything from his/their past and then some.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:39 am

In fact I used to enjoy them a lot too, I even bought at time the Hawkman Companion by Twomorrows, but you're right, the post-Rebirth run, except for Brian Hitch art, has not been...memorable!
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:39 pm

But we'll have to order Hawkman # 27 (with JSA Cool ) this month, as it seems... Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:06 am

MajorHoy wrote:Don't know if anybody is still following this title (I confess I'm not), but if anybody is interested, . . .
Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Hawkma21
Hawkman #27
Written By Robert Venditti
Art By Fernando Pasarin And Oclair Albert
Cover By Mikel Janín
Variant Cover By Sebastian Fiumara
ON SALE 09/08/20
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC

Hawks reborn! Hawkman and Hawkwoman receive the precious gift of life one last time and return to the past where they were happiest—back with the Justice Society of America! But nostalgia’s not all it’s cracked up to be with the Injustice Society on the loose! And who’s the mysterious figure plotting to cut Hawkman’s final life short from the shadows?
https://www.gamesradar.com/dcs-september-2020-solicitations-and-covers/
I'm still reading it, and thoroughly enjoying it. I think this is the best take on Hawkman in years, and I'm realy looking forward to the JSA reunion!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:08 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Me too I have abandoned it soon after Brian Hitch left the title, but I know there was a guy on Twitter (I have found it, it is @Hawkworld_ ) who was really crazy for the Hawks! Very Happy
Here's his latest image published, with upcoming covers:Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Hawkwo10
Tim Board, AKA Hawkworld, is probably the biggest Hawkman fan alive, and a really nice guy.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:12 am

MajorHoy wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote:Me too I have abandoned it soon after Brian Hitch left the title, but I know there was a guy on Twitter (maybe @Hawkman_ I don't remember well now) who was really crazy for the Hawks! Very Happy
I'm one of those people who use to enjoy them, but they started to lose me when they went into the never-ending recycling/reincarnation stuff. I never even bought any of the post-Rebirth run because it was sounding like they were making it too convoluted and trying to include everything from his/their past and then some.
They have included everything, but it's not convoluted at all. Basically, we now know that Hawkman reincarnates across all of time and space, not always in a linear fashion (and can even coexist with other versions of himself), so every Hawkman is the same Hawkman, he just doesn't usually remember it. So, Carter is also Katar, every version of him, and has even existed as Sky Tyrant of Earth Three.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:12 pm

tony ingram wrote:They have included everything, but it's not convoluted at all. Basically, we now know that Hawkman reincarnates across all of time and space, not always in a linear fashion (and can even coexist with other versions of himself), so every Hawkman is the same Hawkman, he just doesn't usually remember it. So, Carter is also Katar, every version of him, and has even existed as Sky Tyrant of Earth Three.
So, how much of this did they steal from Doctor Who?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Looks like this is the variant cover by Gerardo Zaffino for Hawkman #27
(due out September 8th)?
Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Hawkma10
cover image from Golden Apple Comics site

And the cover they show on the dccomics.com site
with the logo and stuff seems a tad . . .
Hawkman and Hawkwoman with the JSA in September 2020 issue Hawkm_10
messy.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:46 pm

I've been really enjoying this book, so of course, they've cancelled it...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:39 pm

tony ingram wrote:I've been really enjoying this book, so of course, they've cancelled it...
Then again, how many comic books has DC not announced as being cancelled?

(Then again, some of these series may just have run their courses and were possibly planned to get new relaunches before all of the drastic cuts at DC. And who knows how previous plans for the now defunct "5G" event also added to this?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:37 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I've been really enjoying this book, so of course, they've cancelled it...

(Then again, some of these series may just have run their courses and were possibly planned to get new relaunches before all of the drastic cuts at DC. And who knows how previous plans for the now defunct "5G" event also added to this?)
Si Spurrier has been very vocal about his disappointment at the cancellation of Hellblazer when he had a whole second story arc planned out.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 pm

MajorHoy wrote:

It would be very interesting to learn about this thing...  Cool

MajorHoy wrote:

I guess the Generation Zero - Gods Among Us (FCBD 2020 comic book) was ready to print or even already printed when DiDio was fired and there should be some issues of several series already written and partially drawn too; I think in the next future we'll know more and more about this new Dc Implosion as we did with the original one... Rolling Eyes
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:42 am

I really hope so.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:27 am

tony ingram wrote:I really hope so.
Hope? Yes.
Expect? No.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:21 am

Well, #27 is now out, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! And it actually tackles the issue of the Hawks turning up in the forties in their current costumes in a really neat way. I'm really going to miss this book.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:28 pm

tony ingram wrote:Well, #27 is now out, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! And it actually tackles the issue of the Hawks turning up in the forties in their current costumes in a really neat way. I'm really going to miss this book.
I'll probably go and pick up my copy after next week (at the same time I get Detective Comics #1027). Does it look like the JSA will also play a substantial role (not just show up for a page or so) in issue #28, or are we going to have another time jump after #27?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:23 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Well, #27 is now out, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! And it actually tackles the issue of the Hawks turning up in the forties in their current costumes in a really neat way. I'm really going to miss this book.
I'll probably go and pick up my copy after next week (at the same time I get Detective Comics #1027). Does it look like the JSA will also play a substantial role (not just show up for a page or so) in issue #28, or are we going to have another time jump after #27?
By the looks of it, they're still in the forties. No idea whether the JSA are back again next month, but another face from the Hawks past is; it's their long awaited rematch with Hath Set!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down