Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chip Zdarsky will be the new writer on BATMAN with #125

4 posters

Go down

Chip Zdarsky will be the new writer on BATMAN with #125 Empty Chip Zdarsky will be the new writer on BATMAN with #125

Post by MajorHoy Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:49 pm

This one is from Bleeding Cool, though other sites had also reported the change in writers.
First Look Inside Batman #125 by Chip Zdarsky and Jorge Jiménez
Posted on February 26, 2022 by Rich Johnston

There's a reason that Jorge Jiménez is on the new Bleeding Cool Top 100 Power List (still being held up by BC editorial) given his presence in the recent Batman run with James Tynion IV – and Tomeu Morey. He returns to Batman with Batman #125, Chip Zdarsky – and Tomeu Morey. Such is Morey's presence as a superstar flashy colourist, it has sometimes been hard to see where Jiménez and where Morey begins. But to close off the week, Jiménez posted a page from the upcoming Batman #125, that is all him. And it's spectacular superheroics. If it were thirty years ago, Jiménez and Pepe Larraz on X-Men would be quitting their jobs with DC and Marvel to set up Image Comics.

Chip Zdarsky will be the new writer on BATMAN with #125 Fmcxhc10
First Look At Batman #125 by Chip Zdarsky and Jorge Jiménez

Here's what's coming from DC Comics.

Comic shops were among the first to get the news that a new ongoing team is taking on DC's flagship title, beginning in July. Following Joshua Williamson's six issue run, writer Chip Zdarsky (Batman: The Knight) joins returning artist Jorge Jimenez as the new team on BATMAN, beginning with an oversized issue #125, on sale July 5.

Along with Tomeu Morey on colors, "Failsafe" is the team's six-issue debut story arc. Bruce Wayne is having nightmares of a future he can't stop. But he may not make it to that future, as a startling enemy from Batman's past has one relentless goal. To end Batman, no matter what it takes.

"To say that this is a dream job is an understatement," said Zdarsky. "Writing Batman, carving out his terrifying future has been so much fun, and getting to do it with Jorge, the perfect modern Batman artist, is almost overwhelming!" "Failsafe is just the beginning; Jorge and I are taking Bruce Wayne to some really wild places and we hope everyone enjoys the ride!"

During his tenure on the title, artist Jimenez has quickly cemented his place as one of the great Batman artists of all time, and a true fan-favorite, eager to return with new and exciting takes on the Caped Crusader. "Returning to Batman is something really special for me," says Jimenez. "Doing this with Chip, one of the best writers in comics, is simply the best possible scenario at this point in my career." "Chip's writing is inspiring me to create a new narrative and aesthetic, and I can't wait to show Batman fans something different from my previous run."

In addition to interiors from their debut issue, retailers were treated to an early look at incredible cover art, featuring a main wraparound cover by Jimenez, with variant covers by InHyuk Lee and Simone Di Meo.
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/first-look-inside-batman-125-by-chip-zdarsky-and-jorge-jimenez/
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Chip Zdarsky will be the new writer on BATMAN with #125 Empty Re: Chip Zdarsky will be the new writer on BATMAN with #125

Post by tony ingram Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:46 pm

I'm getting confused about DC's future plans. This sounds interesting, but I thought there was a strong rumour that the original JLA were going to be taken out of play for some time and replaced by younger versions, which would make sense given the new Aquamen, I am Batman and Superman: Son of Kal-El books.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chip Zdarsky will be the new writer on BATMAN with #125 Empty Re: Chip Zdarsky will be the new writer on BATMAN with #125

Post by MajorHoy Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:34 am

tony ingram wrote:I'm getting confused about DC's future plans. This sounds interesting, but I thought there was a strong rumour that the original JLA were going to be taken out of play for some time and replaced by younger versions, which would make sense given the new Aquamen, I am Batman and Superman: Son of Kal-El books.
I'm not sure if that story re: the JLA is taking place in the "present" or in a near-future, allowing the books starring those heroes to still tell stories with those characters for a little bit longer until the "event" kicks in.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:00 am

It's all a bit confused. Barry Allen was still in JLA even though elsewhere he'd disappeared into the multiverse and been replaced by Wally. John Stewart has been in JLA while in Green Lantern, he's ascended to something like godhood.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:00 pm

I can confirm I'm still in JLA, IT'S too cool staying there! Laughing Cool Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:16 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I can confirm I'm still in JLA, IT'S too cool staying there! Laughing Cool Very Happy
Ah, but for how long? Twisted Evil
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:38 am

tony ingram wrote:It's all a bit confused. Barry Allen was still in JLA even though elsewhere he'd disappeared into the multiverse and been replaced by Wally. John Stewart has been in JLA while in Green Lantern, he's ascended to something like godhood.

I have no clue where DC is anymore. This is what I rarely read Marvel, too many bizarre changes where in order to understand what's up you'd have to have read many years of events... Ugh.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:20 am

There's nothing really happening that's hard to grasp. This isn't even the first time John has become more than human, it's basically just following up on the events of Green Lantern: Mosaic, back in the nineties.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down