Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loss of your Queen.

3 posters

Go down

Loss of your Queen. Empty Loss of your Queen.

Post by Mbast1 Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:55 pm

I just read about the loss of your Queen, those in England/Great Britain. My comdolences, and the best for you all going forward for your nation.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Loss of your Queen. Empty Re: Loss of your Queen.

Post by MajorHoy Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:37 pm

I heard about her passing while I was driving home from errands this afternoon.

It seemed a bit sudden since it was just this morning (here in the U.S.) that they were saying the doctors were "concerned" about her health.

Also hard to fathom how strange this must seem to those in the United Kingdom since she had been on the throne for so long. (I think I heard on the radio that as Queen she had met every U.S. President going back to Harry S Truman <the 33rd> and we're now at our 46th with Biden.)

R.I.P., your Majesty.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Mbast1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:41 pm

Thank you both. I suspect it's come as a shock to most of us in the UK. She was the longest reigning monarch in British history, having seen out fifteen Prime Ministers during the course of her reign, and there have been people in this country who've been born, lived full lives, and died in old age without ever knowing anyone else on the throne. That is incredible when you think about it. The first Prime Minister she invested was Winston Churchill. The last, two days ago, was born 101 years after Churchill's birth. From her service in World War II to burying her husband during the pandemic, she had seen and lived through more of history than any Queen before her. And she never once stopped working, serving her country. She was irreplaceable.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Mbast1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:40 am

As an American I just can't fathom that kind of presence. I hope your next monarch grows into the role quickly.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:34 am

Mbast1 wrote:As an American I just can't fathom that kind of presence. I hope your next monarch grows into the role quickly.
Unfortunately, Charles may have a rough time of it with some of his previous baggage and the fact that there wasn't any online "social" media back in the days when his mother first ascended to the throne. That stuff can be quite cruel and unmerciful, unfortunately.
And let's not forget the trashy tabloid journalism, much as we may wish we could.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down