Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crikey No More??

2 posters

Go down

Crikey No More?? Empty Crikey No More??

Post by kembel Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:50 pm

So disapointed to return here after a while and find that Crikey was no more, not least as I had an article all up and running and (finally) ready for submission Very Happy

Seriously, this mag has been a fantastic read for people with a love for UK Comics, the care and attention to detail and all round love for the subject matter shone through and each and every issue just got better and better. Really, were sales just so bad that such a venture just isn't viable? It's difficult to see such an effort being done any better to be honest. Are there any plans for a follow up? Does the phrase 'sooner than you think..' on the editorial page hint that there are some kind of future plan (s) in store...?

The UK comic community needs a mag like Crikey, something nthat actually delivers on its promises unlike the 'proposed' Rob Kirby UK Marvel project which just doesn't seem to be happening
kembel
kembel

Back to top Go down

Crikey No More?? Empty Re: Crikey No More??

Post by felneymike Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 pm

In other bad news it appears that the next issue of Book & Magazine Collector will be the last one. Just as i was getting into it! They had a series of occasional articles about forgotten comics of the 1940's which sound brilliant (ironically they are way more expensive than ones from the 1890's and 1900's that i usually collect, heh)

felneymike

Back to top Go down