Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Tennant is officially middle aged!

4 posters

Go down

David Tennant is officially middle aged! Empty David Tennant is officially middle aged!

Post by tony ingram Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:46 pm

David Tennant is 40 today, which makes me curiously happy. Something of a milestone month for him in more ways than one, as he's also recently become a father; fiance Georgia Moffett gave birth to a baby girl a few weeks back. Little Olivia is doubly blessed with Doctor Who connections, since her mum is of course 'the Doctor's daughter' (literally as well as fictionally) and her granddad is the Doctor himself, Peter Davison.

Oh, and I gather Tennant was in the show, too. For a bit.

Last edited by tony ingram on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

David Tennant is officially middle aged! Empty Re: David Tennant is officially middle aged!

Post by Mbast1 Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:28 am

tony ingram wrote:Oh, and I gather tennant was in the show, too. For a bit.

As he said about another Doctor, Tennant is MY Doctor. I have liked McGann, Eccleston and Smith, but Tennant will always be THE Doctor for me.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

David Tennant is officially middle aged! Empty Re: David Tennant is officially middle aged!

Post by tony ingram Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 am

He may be a Doctor, but Tom Baker is the Doctor!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 am

William Hartnell. The original and best Razz
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 pm

tony ingram wrote:He may be a Doctor, but Tom Baker is the Doctor!

As much as I like British shows, I just can't watch Doctor Who before McGann. I don't know why. It's not worse, effects-wise, than The Tomorrow People (which I love), but I just can't make myself sit through it.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:He may be a Doctor, but Tom Baker is the Doctor!

As much as I like British shows, I just can't watch Doctor Who before McGann. I don't know why. It's not worse, effects-wise, than The Tomorrow People (which I love), but I just can't make myself sit through it.
I can't watch any Doctor Who after McGann, at least until the wonderful Matt Smith. But I consider the original series to be the best TV sci-fi show ever made. The Tomorrow People is a guilty pleasure, but I can't take it seriously in the way that I can with Who. I just considered the revamped series from 2005-2009 to be all style and no substance, and not really Doctor Who.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Funny... that's how I feel about the Matt Smith era! Very Happy
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:14 am

I like all of the Doctors, myself. Well, not 6 or 7, I suppose, because I've never really seen them in action, but I hear that's a blessing. Anyway, good for David! He's not my favorite, but he's the third of my top three.

EDIT: He might be higher on the list, but I don't know if I'll ever forgive him for "I don't want to go". You're not going anywhere, you prat! You're the same dude! And as for that whole thing about it being a different person walking off in your clothes after you regenerate. . .how could you possibly know that from experience if you, yourself, are not the same person as the ones who came before? ARRRGH!!!

Anyway, good for David!

Last edited by Sam_Vimes on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to rant a bit)
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:23 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:I like all of the Doctors, myself. Well, not 6 or 7, I suppose, because I've never really seen them in action, but I hear that's a blessing.
Never believe what you hear! From my POV, Colin and Sylvester were both pretty good Doctors (definitely better than Tennant, though then again, I'm biased) even if Sylv in particular was saddled with some bloody awful scripts in his first year in particular. His third and final season, however, is one of the best in the show's history IMO.
Anyway, good for David! He's not my favorite, but he's the third of my top three.

EDIT: He might be higher on the list, but I don't know if I'll ever forgive him for "I don't want to go". You're not going anywhere, you prat! You're the same dude! And as for that whole thing about it being a different person walking off in your clothes after you regenerate. . .how could you possibly know that from experience if you, yourself, are not the same person as the ones who came before? ARRRGH!!!
Yeah, that whole scene was totally out of character for the Doctor as he'd been portrayed for the last several decades, and robbed the character of any dignity he'd retained until that point. Contrast that ending with Tom Baker's "It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for". Now that was class!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Tom Baker's always been a head or two above the rest, I suppose. I don't look forward to seeing that scene myself, as I'm very much enjoying all of his stories with my wife and daughter. The fact that we'll one day run out if them is something I'm just. . .I'm just not ready to face, yet.

I'll have to check out 6 and 7, then, especially if you say they're better than Tennant. Then again, I get the impression that from you that's rather faint praise.

Seriously, though, "I don't want to go"?!?! ARRRGH!!! It never doesn't make me mad when I think about it. Good thing Matt was there to calm me down the first time.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:54 pm

I think Colin and Sylv are deeply underrated, even given some of the scripts Sylv had to contend with...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down