Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate>

2 posters

Go down

Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> Empty Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate>

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:33 pm

First appearance: Dynamic Comics #2 (cover-dated December 1941)
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_000_14
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_001_29
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_001b18
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_001c17
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_001d16
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_001e16
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_001f12
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_001g11

According to the GCD, she appeared twice in new stories in 1941-1942, then in further new stories in 1946. (The 1946 stories seemed to have more of a supernatural feel and were not WWII-related.)

In 2008, Dynamite Entertainment made use of the character as part of the company's Project Superpowers comics. (She also later appeared in the Masks 2 series.)
Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> -_002a12
from Project Superpowers: Chapter Two Prelude (2008)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> Empty Re: Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate>

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:28 pm

Sure she was a powerful and interesting character Cool I would have liked to see the Project Superpowers to be continued! Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> 1f60f
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> Empty Re: Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate>

Post by MajorHoy Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . I would have liked to see the Project Superpowers to be continued!  Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> 1f60f
Well, it was continued (but really in name only) a few times by Dynamite.
* In 2015 there was the six issue Project Superpowers: Blackcross series written by Warren Ellis with art by Colton Worley.
* In 2017 there was Project Superpowers: Hero Killers, a five-issue series by Ryan Browne and Pete Woods.
* and there was a 2018-2019 Project Superpowers series written by Rob Williams with art by Sergio Davila (sometimes labeled as "Chapter 3"?) that was seven issues (a #0 issue then #1-6) in total.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:09 am

Yes, I got issue 0 of the 2018-2019 series but maybe never managed to read it in full! silent
Also, Warren Ellis' series was not so "successful" from what I read...  Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> 1f636
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Yes, I got issue 0 of the 2018-2019 series but maybe never managed to read it in full! silent
I did buy/read the other six issues as well.
It was . . . okay . . . but felt a bit too generic to me, and could have really been used for a lot of different groups if you substituted different characters.

Barry_Allen wrote:Also, Warren Ellis' series was not so "successful" from what I read...  Golden Age Lady Satan <from Harry A. Chesler Features Syndicate> 1f636
Blackcross was another of those series that had a few interesting moments but in general really didn't feel like it had much in connection with Project Superpowers besides the characters. (And they didn't really feel like the same characters.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down