Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hawkeye TV series

4 posters

Go down

Hawkeye TV series Empty Hawkeye TV series

Post by tony ingram Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:30 pm

Just seen the first episode of Hawkeye, and I'm in geek heaven. My favourite Avengers related character is now in the MCU!! What? Yes, I know Hawkeye already was, I didn't mean him. Or Kate Bishop. I meant the legend that is Jacques Duquesne, the Swordsman! I love this!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hawkeye TV series Empty Re: Hawkeye TV series

Post by MajorHoy Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:49 pm

Swordsman is an interesting choice.

I thought I read somewhere this also uses part of Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye as a basis? I had enjoyed that in the beginning, but then it became too slowed down and tangled up so it seemed to take FOREVER to accomplish anything. (That run even wound up printing a couple of issues out of order because the delays were so bad!)

I also noticed that the series is on the streaming service Disney + here, which I don't have/use.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:43 pm

It does seem to be heavily based on Fraction's run, which is unsurprising given that he's on the production team.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:31 am

MajorHoy wrote:Swordsman is an interesting choice.

I thought I read somewhere this also uses part of Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye as a basis?  I had enjoyed that in the beginning, but then it became too slowed down and tangled up so it seemed to take FOREVER to accomplish anything.

This made me think about Bruce Jones' run on Hulk, at a certain point I stopped buying it and today I don't know how it ended, now I have seen it was reprinted in tpb also in Italian so maybe I'll give it a try....after several years! pirat

MajorHoy wrote: (That run even wound up printing a couple of issues out of order because the delays were so bad!)

I didn't know that, maybe in other times Marvel would have called them "fill-in" issues? Rolling Eyes
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Mbast1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:39 am

No, fill-in issues were inventory stories. Here, they actually published issues of the ongoing story out of order, I think.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:00 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
MajorHoy wrote: (That run even wound up printing a couple of issues out of order because the delays were so bad!)
I didn't know that, maybe in other times Marvel would have called them "fill-in" issues?  Rolling Eyes
tony ingram wrote:No, fill-in issues were inventory stories. Here, they actually published issues of the ongoing story out of order, I think.
What had happened that was at one point, alternating issues featured either Clint or Kate in on-going separate stories.

Using the GCD for reference,
* issue #12 (with art from Francesco Francavilla) was on-sale July 10th, 2013
* issue #13 (with art from David Aja) was on-sale October 16th, 2013
* issue #14 (with art from Annie Wu) was a Kate issue with an on-sale date of November 27th, 2013
* issue #16 (also a Kate issue with art from Annie Wu) had an on-sale date of January 22nd, 2014
* issue #15 (a Clint issue from David Aja) was on-sale February 26th, 2014
* issue #17 (art from Chris Eliopoulos; David Aja did pages 1 & 20) was on-sale March 12th, 2014
* issue #18 (a Kate issue with art from Annie Wu) had an on-sale date of March 26th, 2014
* issue #19 (a Clint issue with art David Aja) was on-sale July 30th, 2014
* issue #20 (a Kate issue with art from Annie Wu) had an on-sale date of September 10th, 2014
* issue #21 (a Clint issue with art from David Aja) had an on-sale date of February 4th, 2015
* issue #22 (final issue of this run, art from David Aja) had an on-sale date of July 15th, 2015.

Between issues #21 and #22, Marvel started publishing the series All-New Hawkeye written by Jeff Lemire. Issue #1 of that series was on-sale March 4th, 2015; issue #2 was out on April 1st; and issue #3 was on-sale May 27th.
Issue #4 came out the week after issue #22 of the Matt Fraction-written run. Rolling Eyes
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:18 pm

tony ingram wrote:I meant the legend that is Jacques Duquesne, the Swordsman! I love this!

That is a character I didn't know, and I just watched the first three episodes last night. I'll have to read more about him.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:23 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I meant the legend that is Jacques Duquesne, the Swordsman! I love this!

That is a character I didn't know, and I just watched the first three episodes last night. I'll have to read more about him.
I take it you never read any reprints of early 1960s Marvel Comics? Shocked

Hawkeye TV series 2593110
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:34 pm

Mbast1 wrote:

Swordsman was a big part of Avengers history for their first dozen years. I wish he was better remembered.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:25 am

I am kind of an idiot. I looked him up and I do know who he is. But, I haven't seen him in decades.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:10 am

Well, he did die in 1975.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:03 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
What had happened that was at one point, alternating issues featured either Clint or Kate in on-going separate stories.

Using the GCD for reference,
* issue #12 (with art from Francesco Francavilla) was on-sale July 10th, 2013
* issue #13 (with art from David Aja) was on-sale October 16th, 2013
* issue #14 (with art from Annie Wu) was a Kate issue with an on-sale date of November 27th, 2013
* issue #16 (also a Kate issue with art from Annie Wu) had an on-sale date of January 22nd, 2014
* issue #15 (a Clint issue from David Aja) was on-sale February 26th, 2014
* issue #17 (art from Chris Eliopoulos; David Aja did pages 1 & 20) was on-sale March 12th, 2014
* issue #18 (a Kate issue with art from Annie Wu) had an on-sale date of March 26th, 2014
* issue #19 (a Clint issue with art David Aja) was on-sale July 30th, 2014
* issue #20 (a Kate issue with art from Annie Wu) had an on-sale date of September 10th, 2014
* issue #21 (a Clint issue with art from David Aja) had an on-sale date of February 4th, 2015
* issue #22 (final issue of this run, art from David Aja) had an on-sale date of July 15th, 2015.

Between issues #21 and #22, Marvel started publishing the series All-New Hawkeye written by Jeff Lemire.  Issue #1 of that series was on-sale March 4th, 2015; issue #2 was out on April 1st; and issue #3 was on-sale May 27th.
Issue #4 came out the week after issue #22 of the Matt Fraction-written run.  Rolling Eyes  

Now I remember what happened, I had read some of the early David Aja drawn issues and loved them a lot, so I decided to order the then just announced Panini Special Set containing the Italian edition of all this Hawkeye run issues, but it never came out for several months, so I had forgot about that, then I discovered that the reason was the same written above by MajorHoy; here the Panini Set was published some weeks after issue # 4 of the new series....  Shocked

About the Hawkeye tv series I don't have Disney+ too, so I'll have to wait for a while to watch it for free.... Hawkeye TV series 1f62e
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:21 pm

It's worth waiting for.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:48 pm

Mbast1 wrote:I am kind of an idiot. I looked him up and I do know who he is. But, I haven't seen him in decades.
tony ingram wrote:Well, he did die in 1975.
And there have been a couple of other characters who later used the Swordsman identity since then.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:32 am

Philip Jarvert and Andreas Strucker.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:56 pm

tony ingram wrote:Philip Jarvert and Andreas Strucker.
I am shocked by our Boss seemingly Unlimited, Comics Culture!  Cool Hawkeye TV series 1f635 Hawkeye TV series 1f632
Hawkeye TV series 1f61c Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:58 pm

Was Andreas Strucker the one in the post-Secret Empire issue of Captain America by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee?

Hawkeye TV series 11816410

Hawkeye TV series Rco00615

Hawkeye TV series Rco01113

I gave up on that series when they froze Cap again and he wound up in the future. Rolling Eyes
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:21 am

MajorHoy wrote:I take it you never read any reprints of early 1960s Marvel Comics?  Shocked  

My LCS has a FEW of those, but they're hard to find. And so I haven't read them in years.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:25 am

tony ingram wrote:Well, he did die in 1975.

Yeah, that would do it.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:33 am

MajorHoy wrote:
Was Andreas Strucker the one in the post-Secret Empire issue of Captain America by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee?

Hawkeye TV series 11816410

Hawkeye TV series Rco00615

Hawkeye TV series Rco01113

I gave up on that series when they froze Cap again and he wound up in the future. Rolling Eyes
No, this was a fourth Swordsman I'd basically forgotten about. He only appeared this one time.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down