Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October!

5 posters

Go down

Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October! Empty Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October!

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:23 am

It seems that, starting next October, Marvel will complete the last Miracleman story by Neil Gaiman and Marc Buckingham of which Eclipse Comics published, in 1994, just before they folded, only two issues (leaving the mini-series Miracleman:Triumphant unpublished, too...).

Marvel comics will publish also a Miracleman # 0 issue, featuring several new, short stories from creators like Jason Aaron, Mike Carey, Ty Templeton and Ryan Stegman. Issue #0 will also feature a new Silver Age prelude story from Gaiman and Buckingham, are you planning to order/buy it, guys? Cool

Other link to this news

Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October! Miracl13
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October! Empty Re: Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October!

Post by Mbast1 Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:50 am

Barry_Allen wrote:are you planning to order/buy it, guys? Cool

Barring money issues, I'm sure I will. I'd love to see where they take this. Left the story in a bad spot, if I recall.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October! Empty Re: Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October!

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:10 am

I have to re-read the Eclipse Comics trade paperbacks, I don't remember anything about Miraclleman final storyline as of now, I guess it's an age thing... Rolling Eyes
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:14 am

Barry_Allen wrote: I don't remember anything about Miraclleman final storyline as of now, I guess it's an age thing...  Rolling Eyes

Well, it WAS a long time ago.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:44 am

Along with Miracleman # 0 and # 1 there's a plethora of Miracleman variant covers in several Marvel titles coming this October,
for example this one from # 4 of the Genis-Vell Captain Marvel mini-series by Jim Cheung:

Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October! Genis-10
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip K Ditko Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:06 pm

I detest variant covers and would prefer not to see Miracleman interacting inanely with Marvel universe characters.
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:53 pm

Philip K Ditko wrote:I detest variant covers and would prefer not to see Miracleman interacting inanely with Marvel universe characters.
I'd just like them to start calling him Marvelman, again.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen and Philip K Ditko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip K Ditko Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:10 pm

They used the original name when reprinting the old L Miller stuff, but seem to be scared of overtly linking their company name to the darker material.
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip K Ditko Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:14 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Along with Miracleman # 0 and # 1 there's a plethora of Miracleman variant covers in several Marvel titles coming this October,
for example this one from # 4 of the Genis-Vell Captain Marvel mini-series by Jim Cheung:

Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October! Genis-10
It occurs to me that both Genis and MM probably wouldn't exist without Fawcett's original Captain Marvel.
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:23 pm

Philip K Ditko wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote:Along with Miracleman # 0 and # 1 there's a plethora of Miracleman variant covers in several Marvel titles coming this October,

It occurs to me that both Genis and MM probably wouldn't exist without Fawcett's original Captain Marvel.
MM wouldn't, he was created specifically as a replacement for the Fawcett character when he became available. Genis, like the other Marvel Comics CM's, owes nothing to the original version. Marvel trademarked the name fifteen years after he'd stopped appearing anywhere, basically because it made sense for a superhero publisher called Marvel to have a character called Captain Marvel, and ensure that nobody else could use a name which might be seen as linked to them. If anything, it was more likely to stop another fiasco like the MF Enterprises Captain Marvel.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Philip K Ditko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip K Ditko Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:28 pm

I think Martin Goodman was always keen to seize the trademarks of defunct characters, such as Daredevil and Ghost Rider. If Fawcett's CM hadn't existed, Carl Burgos' ridiculous character might have been called something else, and Goodman might not have pushed Stan Lee to create Mar-Vell.
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:40 am

tony ingram wrote:
Philip K Ditko wrote:I detest variant covers and would prefer not to see Miracleman interacting inanely with Marvel universe characters.
I'd just like them to start calling him Marvelman, again.
Maybe if he crosses over into the main Marvel universe they would?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:58 am

We can but hope.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:07 am

Philip K Ditko wrote:I think Martin Goodman was always keen to seize the trademarks of defunct characters, such as Daredevil and Ghost Rider.  If Fawcett's CM hadn't existed, Carl Burgos' ridiculous character might have been called something else, and Goodman might not have pushed Stan Lee to create Mar-Vell.

This is a good point Cool , I guess Carl Burgos' character should be of public domain as of now, do you know if those comic books can be found free online? Neutral
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:17 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
Philip K Ditko wrote:I think Martin Goodman was always keen to seize the trademarks of defunct characters, such as Daredevil and Ghost Rider.  If Fawcett's CM hadn't existed, Carl Burgos' ridiculous character might have been called something else, and Goodman might not have pushed Stan Lee to create Mar-Vell.

This is a good point Cool , I guess Carl Burgos' character should be of public domain as of now, do you know if those comic books can be found free online? Neutral
Speaking as someone unlucky enough to own one of them, I wouldn't look too hard...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip K Ditko Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:12 pm

There's a website for public domain comics, comicbookplus.com, but it only seems to go as far as 1963.  Perhaps they'll add it if you wait a few years.

For some reason, GCD seems to think Don Siegel of Dirty Harry fame may have been the pseudonymous writer of #4 of the Myron Fass series, which makes me want to try to read it.

Issue #27 of Jerry Ordway's Power of Shazam series has a page featuring some alternate Captain Marvels, including ones based on the Fass and Marvel versions.
Marvel to complete (finally!) Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham with The Silver Age #1 next October! RCO014
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip K Ditko Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:18 pm

Has anyone ever given an explanation for the delay? Mark Buckingham can't be that slow.
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:00 pm

I suspect legal issues.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Philip K Ditko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:44 am

Philip K Ditko wrote:There's a website for public domain comics, comicbookplus.com, but it only seems to go as far as 1963.  Perhaps they'll add it if you wait a few years.

Thank you for the info Wink and, when ordering back issues several years ago I considered buying at least one issue of C.M. Capt Marvel but, at Mile High Comics, they were always quite expensive... Sad
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip K Ditko Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:54 pm

Most things are quite expensive from Mile High Comics.  I think they do 60% off sales periodically, but even then they want too much.  Their rival mycomicshop.com tends to be more reasonable.
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:19 pm

Yes, I couldn't agree more about prices so high at Mile High Comics, even after the 50-60% discount... Sad I am always wondering who can buy them..
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down