Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics

2 posters

Go down

Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics Empty Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics

Post by tony ingram Fri May 06, 2011 6:03 pm

A bit late to post this as I've been out of commission for a week (damn chickenpox), but did anyone else catch the Royal Wedding themed Beano last week? Entertainingly enough, Wills couldn't have looked more of a stereotypical toff if that had been the intention (hmm, maybe it was. Could DCT have become a hotbed of revolutionary fervour? Will the Republic begin in Dundee?).

Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics RoyalWeddingBeano

It occurs to me that DCT (and IPC) used to do quite a lot of this kind of thing-issues picking up on the topics of the day-but I think there's rather less of it around now. Or is that just me?

Oh, and totally off topic: the Classic Beano section sees the long awaited (well, by someone, I'm sure) of Dennis's cousin Denise...

Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics Denise
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics Empty Re: Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics

Post by Lucy Ingram Fri May 06, 2011 6:18 pm

There are lots of men at Durham University who look like that...
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics Empty Re: Royal Wedding Beano & Other Topical Comics

Post by tony ingram Fri May 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:There are lots of men at Durham University who look like that...
What, like Cousin Denise? Shocked
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Fri May 06, 2011 6:25 pm

No. She looks like Dennis in a skirt. Definitely something Freudian going on there.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri May 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:No. She looks like Dennis in a skirt. Definitely something Freudian going on there.
You should have seen the Bash Street Kids stories where Teacher's wife appeared: she looked exactly like Teacher, even down to the moustache!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Fri May 06, 2011 6:29 pm

It's probably Teacher's fantasised female version of himself. Or something.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri May 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:It's probably Teacher's fantasised female version of himself. Or something.
I always just assumed he'd married his sister. They're a funny lot in Beanotown.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down