Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toilet Paper

3 posters

Go down

Toilet Paper Empty Toilet Paper

Post by MajorHoy Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:08 pm

Would you believe I heard on the news this morning that the State of Nebraska has had problems with people stealing toilet paper from rest stop bathrooms on Interstate 80? Shocked
Official: Toilet paper being stolen from I-80 rest stops
March 18, 2020 GMT

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — There’s been a run on toilet paper as Americans hunker down and isolate themselves at home to avoid the spread of the new coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19.
Shelves are bare of toilet paper in many stores across Nebraska and the nation.
But some people in Nebraska are finding it — and stealing it — at Interstate 80 rest stops.
The rest areas are managed by the state Transportation Department. Some are staffed and some are not, department spokeswoman Vicki Kramer told the Lincoln Journal Star.
As a result of the thefts, she said, rest areas will be closed when an attendant is not present. The closures will be communicated to travelers through 511 information, Kramer said.
Truck parking should remain open even if the rest area buildings are closed, she said.
“We’re doing our best to keep them open, but we want to make sure when we do keep them open we have a safe location,” Kramer said. “With that becomes maintaining it and making sure it’s in a good condition.”
https://apnews.com/eaaacc04bad5c1cab88665b9c7098a78
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Toilet Paper Empty Re: Toilet Paper

Post by Mbast1 Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:44 am

MajorHoy wrote:Would you believe I heard on the news this morning that the State of Nebraska has had problems with people stealing toilet paper from rest stop bathrooms on Interstate 80?  Shocked  

I'm not surprised. Idiots are buying it up, for NO REASON, and it's almost impossible to find. I don't get people, I really don't.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Would you believe I heard on the news this morning that the State of Nebraska has had problems with people stealing toilet paper from rest stop bathrooms on Interstate 80?  Shocked  
I'm not surprised. Idiots are buying it up, for NO REASON, and it's almost impossible to find. I don't get people, I really don't.
Some of it may be from fear, like what happens if everyone is quarantined in their homes for maybe a month or so? Others may be trying to corner the market so they can sell it for a tremendous profit on the internet, like those guys in Tennessee who bought all that hand sanitizer and then were stuck with hundreds of bottles they couldn't sell once the internet sites blocked their accounts.
I know I had been frustrated by not being able to find the type of toilet paper my Mom prefers I buy (single-thickness sheets since we have a septic system and are not on a municipal sewer system), but yesterday I was able to buy a few single rolls to tide us over.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:13 pm

Here in the UK, the toilet paper situation reached crisis level long before the current lockdown hit.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 pm

tony ingram wrote:Here in the UK, the toilet paper situation reached crisis level long before the current lockdown hit.
Is most of the toilet paper for the U.K. domestically produced, or was there a good amount that was imported?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:20 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Here in the UK, the toilet paper situation reached crisis level long before the current lockdown hit.
Is most of the toilet paper for the U.K. domestically produced, or was there a good amount that was imported?
Oh, domestically produced! There was no shortage except the one caused by idiots stockpiling it...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 pm

tony ingram wrote:There was no shortage except the one caused by idiots stockpiling it...

And that's the problem. People either panic-buying or hoarding cause the supplies to disappear and then others do it because they think they then have to. Ad infinitum.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:11 am

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:There was no shortage except the one caused by idiots stockpiling it...
And that's the problem. People either panic-buying or hoarding cause the supplies to disappear and then others do it because they think they then have to. Ad infinitum.
And once it becomes so hard-to-find, others who hadn't been the original problem also start to do some extra-stockpiling since they don't know how hard it may be to find next time they need more.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:20 am

Which is exactly what happened.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content