Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comics Unlimited

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Comics Unlimited Empty Comics Unlimited

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:47 am

Today sees the official launch of Comics Unlimited, a new magazine about all things comics from the creators of Crikey! (that's me and GBF, basically). The 100 page first issue, available exclusively through Amazon at £9..99 (UK) or $13.99 (US), includes interviews with Howard Chaykin and Guy Dorian, Snr as well as features on everything rfrom EC Comics to Marvel UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1916119697/ref=as_li_ss_tl?dchild=1&keywords=Comics+Unlimited&qid=1594649004&sr=8-2&linkCode=sl1&tag=downthetubes&linkId=2a11aa26f41bc186ed514d4dd0b30806&language=en_GB
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Comics Unlimited Empty Re: Comics Unlimited

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:26 pm

tony ingram wrote:Today sees the official launch of Comics Unlimited, a new magazine about all things comics from the creators of Crikey! (that's me and GBF, basically). The 100 page first issue, available exclusively through Amazon at £9..99 (UK) or $13.99 (US), includes interviews with Howard Chaykin and Guy Dorian, Snr as well as features on everything rfrom EC Comics to Marvel UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1916119697/ref=as_li_ss_tl?dchild=1&keywords=Comics+Unlimited&qid=1594649004&sr=8-2&linkCode=sl1&tag=downthetubes&linkId=2a11aa26f41bc186ed514d4dd0b30806&language=en_GB
Congratulations, and good luck with it!
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:39 pm

tony ingram wrote:Today sees the official launch of Comics Unlimited, a new magazine about all things comics from the creators of Crikey! (that's me and GBF, basically). The 100 page first issue, available exclusively through Amazon at £9..99 (UK) or $13.99 (US), includes interviews with Howard Chaykin and Guy Dorian, Snr as well as features on everything rfrom EC Comics to Marvel UK.  

Many congratulations for the new Comics Unlimited, and good luck with it Tony Very Happy I'll see if I can get it delivered to my local locker from Amazon Uk, or can we, loyal and faithful followers, buy it directly (discounted? Rolling Eyes ) from our Big Boss? Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:

Many congratulations for the new Comics Unlimited, and good luck with it Tony Very Happy I'll see if I can get it delivered to my local locker from Amazon Uk, or can we, loyal and faithful followers, buy it directly (discounted? Rolling Eyes ) from our Big Boss? Cool
Sadly, I have no physical copies, myself; it's basically printed to order by Amazon!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Ok, I can order it through Amazon Wink , it's curiuos to notice that, when I see the CU page it on my phone, the author listed is GBF with "two other ones" (with one being Tony! Cool ) while on my old Pc I see that it is listed GBF with our old Tony (Author), Stephen Hooker (Author), Dean Plakas (Author), Steve Laming (Author), so we can say you have a crowded editorial team....! Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:47 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Ok, I can order it through Amazon  Wink , it's curiuos to notice that, when I see the CU page it on my phone, the author listed is GBF with "two other ones" (with one being Tony! Cool ) while on my old Pc I see that it is listed GBF with our old Tony (Author), Stephen Hooker (Author), Dean Plakas (Author), Steve Laming (Author), so we can say you  have a crowded editorial team....! Very Happy
In fact, the only actual editors are Glenn (who is also the designer and publisher), myself and Stephen. But there are a lot of contributors, Dean and Steve being the most prominent.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:54 am

Thanks for the info Tony but, I was wondering, is this the same Comics Unlimited magazine of which we were talking some years ago...in that thread that saw also my first message in the forum? Cool GBF then said there that issue 1 was almost ready to print....in October 2010!! Laughing
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:11 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Thanks for the info Tony but, I was wondering, is this the same Comics Unlimited magazine of which we were talking some years ago..in that thread that saw also my first message in the forum? Very Happy
Comics Unlimited is an idea we've been trying to get off the ground since before Crikey! magazine folded, years ago. It's taken this long because it's incredibly difficult these days to launch a magazine without having a small fortune to invest in it.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 am

I have ordered my copy of Comics Unlimited (for Italy its price was € 12,48) last monday h 20:26 London Time and it was annonced its delivery next week on Wednesday then, last 29 July this was changed and they (Amazon customer service) annonced the delivery within this Sunday, can't wait to read it! Very Happy
Will it be a regular bi-monthly magazine, Tony? With next issue out mid September? Some anticipation on the contents? Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:45 am

Barry_Allen wrote:I have ordered my copy of Comics Unlimited (for Italy its price was € 12,48) last monday h 20:26 London Time and it was annonced its delivery next week on Wednesday then, last 29 July this was changed and they (Amazon customer service) annonced the delivery within this Sunday, can't wait to read it! Very Happy
Will it be a regular bi-monthly magazine, Tony? With next issue out mid September? Some anticipation on the contents? Wink
It's intended to be bi-monthly, but because issue one ended up coming out close to the end of July, the next one will likely not be until the end of September. We're all currently writing, deadline for completed submissions being the eigth of August. I shall share details of the likely contents nearer the time... Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:09 pm

tony ingram wrote:Sadly, I have no physical copies, myself; it's basically printed to order by Amazon!

It is apparently also available on the US Amazon site. So I ordered it. Looking forward to reading it!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:40 am

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Sadly, I have no physical copies, myself; it's basically printed to order by Amazon!

It is apparently also available on the US Amazon site. So I ordered it. Looking forward to reading it!
Cheers, Mike! Hope you enjoy it.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:05 am

Comics Unlimited #2 is now on sale, if anyone's interested! Featured topics this time include Infinity Inc, DNAgents and...Sad Sack!!!!?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:19 pm

tony ingram wrote:Comics Unlimited #2 is now on sale, if anyone's interested! Featured topics this time include Infinity Inc, DNAgents and...Sad Sack!!!!?
I remember Sad Sack . . . he was created back during WWII, but I have several of the old Harvey Comics he starred in back in the 60's.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:50 pm

tony ingram wrote:Comics Unlimited #2 is now on sale, if anyone's interested! Featured topics this time include Infinity Inc, DNAgents and...Sad Sack!!!!?

I have seen in the cover, a Joe Staton interview, that's great! Cool To order and receive it I have to wait that my local Amazon locker (currently the website says it is full) will have a free slot for me!
Meanwhile, can GBF Publishing Very Happy share with us the index (or so) of issue 2? Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:10 am

Just bought it from Amazon, looking forward to it.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:20 am

Barry_Allen wrote:

I have seen in the cover, a Joe Staton interview, that's great! Cool To order and receive it I have to wait that my local Amazon locker (currently the website says it is full) will have a free slot for me!
Meanwhile, can GBF Publishing  Very Happy  share with us the index (or so) of issue 2? Wink
Let's see, we have features on The Inhumans, DNAgents, Infinity Inc, Sad Sack, General Jumbo, Strontium Dog, Judge Dredd, part two of the history of the Defenders, part two of The Power of Warlock, an exclusive interview with Joe Staton, a piece on Warrior and how mych of its content ended up being reprinted in the USA, some vintage comic strips featuring Four D Jones, a new adventure for GBF's creation, Hatch, a look at some of 2000 AD's greatest mistakes, and a history of British comics, amongst other things. Is that enough to whet your appetite? Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Sure it is Tony! Very Happy I've ordered it last 14 September and now it is announced as coming to me next 23 - 25 September, as of now! Cool Loved the first part of the Warlock article in issue 1 and I'm glad to find an article about Warrior and Hatch directy from... Comics Unlimited 10625
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Sure it is Tony! Very Happy I've ordered it last 14 September and now it is announced as coming to me next 23 - 25 September, as of now! Cool Loved the first part of the Warlock article in issue 1 and I'm glad to find an article about Warrior and Hatch directy from... Comics Unlimited 10625
We are toying with the idea of doing an annual for Christmas.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 am

tony ingram wrote:

That would be great Tony! Surely I'd order it! Wink After all, also Tripwire is coming back with an annual after so many years (I've seen its solicitation last month in Previews).
And Comics Unlimited # 2 is finally coming this way today, btw! Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:09 am

Barry_Allen wrote:
tony ingram wrote:

That would be great Tony! Surely I'd order it! Wink After all, also Tripwire is coming back with an annual after so many years (I've seen its solicitation last month in Previews).
And Comics Unlimited # 2 is finally coming this way today, btw! Cool
I look forward to hearing what you thought of it!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Well I'll be brief, as with issue one I really loved it Wink , very nice design, interesting articles overall, for example it was very interesting to read also the second part about Marvel's Warlock and the one about the cult UK magazine Warrior in whose pages Alan Moore's Marvelman and V For Vendetta debuted, edited at that time by old Dez Skinn, and again Hatch from  Comics Unlimited 10625 ;
I would have loved a longer one on Infinity Inc. too but I understand that CU is mostly about not so long articles to cover many topics per issue and never be "boring" Cool If only the editor in chief could change those mugshots on page one...  Cool  Very Happy Laughing
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . and the one about the cult UK magazine Warrior in whose pages Alan Moore's Marvelman and V For Vendetta debuted . . .
I was able to pick up several issues of Warrior back in the day from the comic book shop I use to go to (and helped out at, though I wasn't a salaried employee).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:23 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote: . . . and the one about the cult UK magazine Warrior in whose pages Alan Moore's Marvelman and V For Vendetta debuted . . .
I was able to pick up several issues of Warrior back in the day from the comic book shop I use to go to (and helped out at, though I wasn't a salaried employee).
I thik Warrior still stands out as one of the finest comic magazines ever published, at the time it was truly groundbreaking. Absolutely blew me away when I was twelve years old.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:25 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Well I'll be brief, as with issue one I really loved it Wink , very nice design, interesting articles overall, for example it was very interesting to read also the second part about Marvel's Warlock and the one about the cult UK magazine Warrior in whose pages Alan Moore's Marvelman and V For Vendetta debuted, edited at that time by old Dez Skinn, and again Hatch from  Comics Unlimited 10625 ;
I would have loved a longer one on Infinity Inc. too but I understand that CU is mostly about not so long articles to cover many topics per issue and never be "boring" Cool If only the editor in chief could change those mugshots on page one...  Cool  Very Happy Laughing
The Infiity Inc article was writte several years ago for Crikey! before it bit the dust. It could have done with being updated, but that got overlooked in the scramble to get the thing out on time.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:29 pm

tony ingram wrote:The Infiity Inc article was writte several years ago for Crikey! before it bit the dust. It could have done with being updated, but that got overlooked in the scramble to get the thing out on time.
Sounds like there could be an opportunity for a "Part II" on that article then? Wink
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:58 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:The Infiity Inc article was writte several years ago for Crikey! before it bit the dust. It could have done with being updated, but that got overlooked in the scramble to get the thing out on time.
Sounds like there could be an opportunity for a "Part II" on that article then?  Wink  
Quite possibly! In fact, I'm just now finishing up a piece on the Golden Age exploits of the JSA for CU #4, a Golden Age Special!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:49 pm

MajorHoy wrote:

Did Warrior have a good USA distribution at time, for what you know/remember? Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
Did Warrior have a good USA distribution at time, for what you know/remember? Wink
I really don't know. I stumbled upon several issues in that one store, but I don't know if other stores elsewhere may have carried it or not.
Also worth noting, the store I went to wasn't all that far from New York City (in terms of commuting) when NYC was still the major base for both DC and Marvel. Quite a few comic book professionals lived in the general area and were friends with the owner, so that may have played a part in what got stocked with some of the things like imports or smaller press items.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:01 pm

MajorHoy wrote:I was able to pick up several issues of Warrior back in the day from the comic book shop I use to go to (and helped out at, though I wasn't a salaried employee).

Going through some boxes the other day I find I have at least one issue.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 pm

MajorHoy wrote:I really don't know. I stumbled upon several issues in that one store, but I don't know if other stores elsewhere may have carried it or not.

ONLY my experience, but I think not. I tried to find them in person and at mail-order sellers when I first found out about them, and there seemed to be very few available in the US. The people (shop owners) I talked to seemed to know about them only from the same Alan Moore articles I'd read.
I'd love to have a full run. Also of the Might World of Marvel, and plenty of other British comics. From what I've seen, they're really interesting.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:09 am

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:I really don't know. I stumbled upon several issues in that one store, but I don't know if other stores elsewhere may have carried it or not.

ONLY my experience, but I think not. I tried to find them in person and at mail-order sellers when I first found out about them, and there seemed to be very few available in the US. The people (shop owners) I talked to seemed to know about them only from the same Alan Moore articles I'd read.
I'd love to have a full run. Also of the Might World of Marvel, and plenty of other British comics. From what I've seen, they're really interesting.
I believe you can still order back issues of Warrior direct from Dez Skinn even after all these years...
https://dezskinn.com/shop-2-quality-titles/
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:49 am

MajorHoy wrote: I really don't know. I stumbled upon several issues in that one store, but I don't know if other stores elsewhere may have carried it or not.
Also worth noting, the store I went to wasn't all that far from New York City (in terms of commuting) when NYC was still the major base for both DC and Marvel. Quite a few comic book professionals lived in the general area and were friends with the owner, so that may have played a part in what got stocked with some of the things like imports or smaller press items.
This is interesting, also here the city of Bologna has always been a sort of comics capital in Italy since the Eighties and many fanzine guys and fans, then become professionals, attended the local very big comic shop, called Alessandro Distribuzioni (who has been around for almost 50 years and is still going strong); even Marvel Italy had its first headquarter based there (in Galileo Galilei's Square) current Panini head honcho started there as a comics consultant as other Panini current editors.
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:38 pm

tony ingram wrote:I believe you can still order back issues of Warrior direct from Dez Skinn even after all these years...

WOW! Thanks. I just sent an inquiry, let's see what happens.
Thanks!!!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I believe you can still order back issues of Warrior direct from Dez Skinn even after all these years...

Thanks!!!

Please let us how it goes with this, Mike! I had been a subscriber to Dez Skinn then historic magazine, Comics International for years, a great magazine which was "destroyed" when Mr. Skinn (after publishing a great issue #200) sold it to that Mike Conroy, a Uk infamous "journalist" who ended publishing every issue months late and ended its run with issue # 207... Mad
I remember seeing almost in every issue of the original Comics International an Ad for old issues of Warrior but there was always an issue (which should be # 4 below, which contained a Marvelman story not republished by Eclipse Comics in the Usa), which was always "temporarily not available"; now it seem that it is finally available, that would be great! Cool
Comics Unlimited Warrio10
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:01 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:

Thanks!!!

Please let us how it goes with this, Mike! I had been a subscriber to Dez Skinn then historic magazine, Comics International for years, a great magazine which was "destroyed" when Mr. Skinn (after publishing a great issue #200) sold it to that Mike Conroy, a Uk infamous "journalist" who ended publishing every issue months late and ended its run with issue # 207... Mad
I remember seeing almost in every issue of the original Comics International an Ad for old issues of Warrior but there was always an issue (which should be # 4 below, which contained a Marvelman story not republished by Eclipse Comics in the Usa), which was always "temporarily not available"; now it seem that it is finally available, that would be great! Cool
Comics Unlimited Warrio10
Ah, the "Summer Special" issue! Yes, that is a great one!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:13 pm

tony ingram wrote:Ah, the "Summer Special" issue! Yes, that is a great one!

That's the one I have. Searched for it for a LONG time, because it had the never reprinted in the US story.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Please let us how it goes with this, Mike!

I will. I just sent him money through Paypal for every available issue (one of each, anyway) and I'm really looking forward to it.
One of the things I almost never saw as a kid was the magazines comics publishers did, they were more for older readers, and I'd like to find a lot more of them.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:14 am

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Ah, the "Summer Special" issue! Yes, that is a great one!

That's the one I have. Searched for it for a LONG time, because it had the never reprinted in the US story.
It was actually the first issue I ever saw. Reading it prompted me to seek out the first three, and every issue afterwards. For a twelve year old, Warrior was just mindblowing.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:23 pm

tony ingram wrote:It was actually the first issue I ever saw. Reading it prompted me to seek out the first three, and every issue afterwards. For a twelve year old, Warrior was just mindblowing.

Very cool. I did get all the issues they had (or, rather, one of each) and am now NEEDING to find the rest. Wish me luck! I want to read all of the stories.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:40 am

Mbast1 wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote:Please let us how it goes with this, Mike!

I will. I just sent him money through Paypal for every available issue (one of each, anyway) and I'm really looking forward to it.  
Just wanted to ask you how much Dez charged for postage to Usa? Rolling Eyes
I see that you received your mags in about a month or so... Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Hey, back on topic, it seems that Comics Unlimited # 3 has been out for a while, and it features Tim Perkins, World's End, Invaders (!), War is Hell, Russ Leach, Tv Century 21 and Phantom Eagle, listed on the cover. Maybe our fearless editor, co-publisher and founder Comics Unlimited 380743 can share with us more related news? scratch Wink Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:15 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Just wanted to ask you how much Dez charged for postage to Usa? Rolling Eyes

It was 27 pounds, but as he pointed out that is due to US policies. And it was actually a really quick delivery.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:19 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Hey, back on topic, it seems that Comics Unlimited # 3 has been out for a while

How did I miss that?!? Now I have to get it.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:35 pm

BIG SURPRISE! It seems that our fearless leader and his acolytes have produced a Special Comics Unlimited for Christmas! Which are the detailed contents of this "annual" (I have already ordered it, based on trust...! )? Wink

Comics Unlimited Comics10
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:10 pm

Got it and read it! Very Happy Nice articles about Golden Age Super-Heroes, a fun one about "Heroes who never quite made it", interesting poing of view by publisher GBF on Godzilla and so on... Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:30 pm

New issue of CU is out now, here's the cover:
Comics Unlimited Comics11
Joe Sinnot tribute, the Mighty World of DC Comics, Defenders (!), Invaders (!!), Jack Kirby (!!!!!!) the strip Hatch, and much more, maybe our fearless leader can illustrate us in a detailed way this issue. Cool

Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:54 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Got it and read it! Very Happy Nice articles about Golden Age Super-Heroes, a fun one about "Heroes who never quite made it", interesting poing of view by publisher GBF on Godzilla and so on... Cool
I'm really glad you liked this one, it was a real labour of love, quite proud of how it turned out. We intend to follow it up with a Silver Age Special soon. Comics Unlimited 403549
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:45 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:New issue of CU is out now, here's the cover:
Comics Unlimited Comics11
Joe Sinnot tribute, the Mighty World of DC Comics, Defenders (!), Invaders (!!), Jack Kirby (!!!!!!) the strip Hatch, and much more, maybe our fearless leader can illustrate us in a detailed way this issue.  Cool

Well, you've covered a lot already, but I really have to mention Steven Laming's excellent look at the history of Dreadstar, and Dean Plakas looks at Asterix, a character we really should have gotten to sooner. We also have Thunderbolts, The Life and Times of Dr Doom, and possibly the greatest heroic duo ever: Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon! Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:34 pm

tony ingram wrote:

Well, you've covered a lot already, but I really have to mention Steven Laming's excellent look at the history of Dreadstar, and Dean Plakas looks at Asterix, a character we really should have gotten to sooner. We also have Thunderbolts, The Life and Times of Dr Doom, and possibly the greatest heroic duo ever: Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon! Very Happy

Hope to receive it soon to read all the articles, Dreadstar is one of my favourite "indy" character, too!
Asterix is a European classic, maybe not so known overseas, and articles about Thunderbolts and Dr Doom too are always interesting to read about! Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next