Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comics Unlimited

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Comics Unlimited - Page 2 Empty Re: Comics Unlimited

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:41 am

The new issue of Comics Unlimited, # 5 has already been published and is available on Amzn but, for some reason, from this old Pc I'm writing now, I can't find its cover, so we count on our fearless leader for images and official solicitation...  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e
Also, seeing from my phone App, Amzn list as authors GBF as always, Daphne Lage (who?!?)  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f601 and Grant Lankard  Question , who are these two guys?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f604
And, above all, where is our Big Boss? Why isn't he listed as Big Contributor?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f62f
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:The new issue of Comics Unlimited, # 5 has already been published and is available on Amzn but, for some reason, from this old Pc I'm writing now, I can't find its cover, so we count on our fearless leader for images and official solicitation...  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e
Also, seeing from my phone App, Amzn list as authors GBF as always, Daphne Lage (who?!?)  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f601 and Grant Lankard  Question , who are these two guys?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f604
And, above all, where is our Big Boss? Why isn't he listed as Big Contributor?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f62f
Amazon seem to just list three or four random contributors if the list is longer than that. All the regulars are still in there, never fear! Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed May 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Just noticed that Comics Unlimited # 6 is out now and ready to be ordered Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e , can you tell us something about the contents of this, collectible and soon to be rare, issue, Tony?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f609
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu May 20, 2021 9:52 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Just noticed that Comics Unlimited # 6 is out now and ready to be ordered Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e , can you tell us something about the contents of this, collectible and soon to be rare, issue, Tony?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f609
Well, I can tell you that it contains the last part of my six part rundown of the history of the Defenders, as well as features on Howard Chaykin's Cody Starbuck, legendary British artist Don Lawrence, Alan Moore's classic Swamp Thing story The Anatomy Lesson, the sixties explois of Batman, Strangehaven, the Steel Claw, the Secret Society of Super Villains, Steve Gerber, Lady Satan, and possibly the oddest Lois Lane story ever told, "I Am Curious (Black)"!
I can also tell you it's been a nightmare to et out there, as an Amazon UK glitch meant that it was showing as visible on the site as far as we were concerned, but for close to 24 hours it wasn't showing in anyone's search results...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu May 20, 2021 5:33 pm

Thank you very much for your complete info, Tony!  Wink I'm glad I'll find on CU another part of the Defenders history, Alan Moore's seminal Swamp Thing story and much more, like the SSOSV, the much missed Steve Gerber Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60d and even....Lady Satan?!? Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f632 In Italy in the Eighties we had the short lived Lady Cruel, but it was a BDSM comic published maybe years before its time... Rolling Eyes
In fact I have been searching for CU since the 7 of this month, when usually the new (bi-montly, of course) issue is visible... cyclops
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu May 20, 2021 9:18 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . and even....Lady Satan?!?
Comics Unlimited - Page 2 -_001_29

https://crikey.forumotion.com/t974-golden-age-lady-satan
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri May 21, 2021 9:08 am

I should have checked her in the all-encompassing Crikey! forum to find her, thanks Major! Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri May 21, 2021 9:14 pm

tony ingram wrote:and possibly the greatest heroic duo ever: Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon! Very Happy

Man, I love those cartoons.

Is there a way to subscribe? I just realized there are two more issues on Amazon I haven't gotten, because I forgot.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat May 22, 2021 9:45 am

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:and possibly the greatest heroic duo ever: Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon! Very Happy

Man, I love those cartoons.

Is there a way to subscribe? I just realized there are two more issues on Amazon I haven't gotten, because I forgot.
I believe Glenn is considering offering subscriptions. He wanted to test the waters for a few months first, to see if it sold.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Sun May 23, 2021 1:03 am

So what do I do to help?
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun May 23, 2021 10:02 am

Mbast1 wrote:So what do I do to help?
I'll have a word with Glenn on Monday, see what's going on.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:42 am

Comics Unlimited 7 hasn't yet appeared on Amzn, Tony, is there a delay this month?   Question
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:40 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Comics Unlimited 7 hasn't yet appeared on Amzn, Tony, is there a delay this month?   Question
Unfortunately, yes. We'd been waiting on a couple of lengthy articles but the contributor in question has been hit by unforseen circumstances. As a result, the next issue (which should be out in the next week or so) will be rather shorter (and consequently cheaper) than usual...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:01 pm

tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:52 am

The Daleks are coming (seeing from the cover) Wink can you tell us something more about the articles in this issue, Tony? ☺
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:28 am

Well, we have a look back at the career of the great Ron Embleton, for one thing, an artist who really deserves to be better remembered, and a piece on wrestling in comics which is possibly one of the strangest subjects I can recall editing. I'm continuing my gradual slog through the history of the JSA with the Silver Age, and also looking at just how misguided some of DC's attempts to be socially aware were back then, and we have a retrospective on the original X-Men as well as a look at one of Stan Lee's weirder Ideas, Nightcat. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but hopefully an interesting one...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:24 am

When I first clicked on your link I went to Amzn Uk page and the price was only £ 5.00 and Iwas happy about that! 😀
Then I saw the price in Italian page and it was about € 7.85 much lesser than previous issues but then saw it has "only" 56 pages🤓 is this only for this issue or also the future ones will be...slimmer? 🤔
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:20 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:When I first clicked on your link I went to Amzn Uk page and the price was only £ 5.00 and Iwas happy about that! 😀
Then I saw the price in Italian page and it was about € 7.85 much lesser than previous issues but then saw it has "only" 56 pages🤓 is this only for this issue or also the future ones will be...slimmer? 🤔
Basically, a couple of articles fell through because one of our regular contributors had a family crisis, so it was a case of either delaying publication even mire or putting outa slimmer issue at a reduced price. We're hoping he'll be back in harness after the next issue.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Do you have any news about Comics Unlimited # 8, Tony? Wink
I can't find it on Amzn, has the publisher changed the periodicity of the magazine? Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f62f Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:54 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Do you have any news about Comics Unlimited # 8, Tony? Wink
I can't find it on Amzn, has the publisher changed the periodicity of the magazine? Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f62f Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e
It's due out iun the next week or so. The delay was caused partly by articles arriving late and partly by the fact that publisher Glenn Fleming, who puts the whole thing together, was in the final push to get his forthcoming book on Jack Kirby ready for publication. There is other news, though; issue 8 is intended to be the last of volume one. The magazine is, if all goes well, about to be revamped and relaunched on a more international footing, thanks to investment secured from the USA. More news as I get it.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 am

tony ingram wrote:thanks to investment secured from the USA. More news as I get it.

That's awesome, these things are fun.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 pm

tony ingram wrote:
It's due out iun the next week or so. The delay was caused partly by articles arriving late and partly by the fact that publisher Glenn Fleming, who puts the whole thing together, was in the final push to get his forthcoming book on Jack Kirby ready for publication. (...) More news as I get it.

You mean that old Glenn wrote another book about the King?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e After Jack Kirby: Variations on a theme from some years ago? Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
It's due out iun the next week or so. The delay was caused partly by articles arriving late and partly by the fact that publisher Glenn Fleming, who puts the whole thing together, was in the final push to get his forthcoming book on Jack Kirby ready for publication. (...) More news as I get it.

You mean that old Glenn wrote another book about the King?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e After Jack Kirby: Variations on a theme from some years ago? Cool
Yep!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:thanks to investment secured from the USA. More news as I get it.

Hey, did Mike invest in Comics Unlimited from the USA? That's cool to hear!
Just kidding, guys! Very Happy

Btw, now CU # 8 is available as always on Amzn! pirat

Now Tony can tell us about its exclusive contents! Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:13 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:

Hey, did Mike invest in Comics Unlimited from the USA? That's cool to hear!
Just kidding, guys! Very Happy

Btw, now CU # 8 is available as always on Amzn! pirat

Now Tony can tell us about its exclusive contents! Cool
Well, we have an in-depth look at the earliest adventures of 2000 AD's own Strontium Dog Comics Unlimited - Page 2 185586  and also take a trip into the sometimes slightly bizarre world of Earth B, as well as  retrospective of the career of artist Mike Noble. There's a look at the early years of Marvel UK, and also at one of its longest running titles, the frequently renamed Spider-Man weekly. Then, there's a piece on American 2000 AD reprints, Spellbinder, and a reprint of a piece on the British Invasion of DC Comics, mostly because very few people ever saw it first time around in the solitary Crikey! digital special. And we catch up with New York based former Conan writer Charles Santino, who has just launched a new project of his own. How does that sound for starters?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Sounds great for the first season finale of Comics Unlimited! Comics Unlimited - Page 2 10625
When the website disappeared, I had missed at time the solitary Crikey! digital special so I am happy to find this piece on the British Invasion of DC Comics! Comics Unlimited - Page 2 403538
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:35 am

It seems that a new issue of CU has been published, here's the cover and...now is up to Tony to tell us everything about; also, this is issue # 9 and not issue # 1 of Season 2 as I have understood it would have been, the mystery unfolds... Very Happy  Wink  Question  Cool
Comics Unlimited - Page 2 Cu_0910
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:11 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:It seems that a new issue of CU has been published, here's the cover and...now is up to Tony to tell us everything about; also, this is issue # 9 and not issue # 1 of Season 2 as I have understood it would have been, the mystery unfolds... Very Happy  Wink  Question  Cool
Comics Unlimited - Page 2 Cu_0910
Yep, now available on Amazon, and yes, at the last minute the decision was taken to retain the original numbering. This issue is longer than the last couple, over 80 pages, and includes tributes to the late Neal Adams, Ian Kennedy, Frank Hampson and George Perez, plus features on the 1970's All-Star Comics/JSA revival and Roy Thomas's All-Star Squadron, the Frightful Four, Marvel UK's Hulk Comic, Dan Dare, a look at depictions of women in comics, Fleetway's short lived and highly political eighties title Crisis, and a look at a now highly un-politically correct issue of DC's Metal Men, amongst other things. Plus, another chance to read a feature on Enrique Romero's classic character Axa, previously seen in Crikey! #9, but presented here in colour for the first time. I'm actually quite proud of this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B1RD2WK1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:39 am

I have seen that a new issue has been published and is available on Amzn Tony, can you tell us about its contents? Wink

I see from the cover "Arrow Comics", is it the story of the original Deadworld and the Realm publisher? Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:41 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I have seen that a new issue has been published and is available on Amzn Tony, can you tell us about its contents? Wink

I see from the cover "Arrow Comics", is it the story of the original Deadworld and the Realm publisher? Cool
It is indeed, part one of a two part history of that publisher. Elsewhere in this more than 100 page issue, we have some new original strip content in Realmer: Planet X and the return of Glenn Fleming's comedic creation Hatch, independent comics producer Daphne Lage talks about her new project, there are obituaries for the late Garry Leach, Alan Grant and Tim Sale, Steve Hooker looks back at the work of Jim Steranko, and yours truly looks back at Atlas Seaboard Comics, Justice League International, 2000 AD's M.A.C.H. One and Robo-Hunter, Roy Thomas's Young All-Stars, and the career of British comics humour artist Ken Reid. And that's still not all of it! I really think this is one of the best issues we've put out so far.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen and Philip K Ditko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:27 pm

Comics Unlimited #11 is now available on Amazon, featuring a look at the sterling work Rebellion are doing to revive the British comics industry, a new British originated Batman title, the first part of a new series on my favourite B list villains, obituaries for Kev O'Neill, Carlos Pacheco and Tom Palmer, new strip content in Realmer and Hatch, and quite a bit more. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comics-Unlimited-11-Glenn-Fleming/dp/B0BMN2P9PW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2DIDG8GM1SBJM&keywords=comics+unlimited+11&qid=1668871082&sprefix=comics+unlimited+11%2Caps%2C70&sr=8-1
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:43 pm

I have seen it before today, glad that Comics Unlimited is back Tony. It seems that CI now it is a quaterly mag, am I right? Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:40 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I have seen it before today, glad that Comics Unlimited is back Tony. It seems that CI now it is a quaterly mag, am I right? Cool
That's what we're aiming for. Roughly a quarter of the next issue is currently done.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:42 pm

For those who are interested. CU #12 is now available on Amazon (again). There seems to have been an issue with it and they withdrew the listing without notifying us, but it now seems to be resolved.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:04 pm

I have seen that Comics Unlimited #13 is out now, Tony can you tell us about his contents, with the neverending history of Arrow Comics too?!? 😉
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:12 am

Well, it's primarily a tribute issue dedicated to the recently deceased John Romita, with various contributors giving their own takes on the great man. However, we do have a lot more stuff, too, including more Arrow Comics, a history of the Doom Patrol, the Silver Age Legion of Super-Heroes, short lived British horror title Scream! and quite a lot more. I'm really rather proud of this one!

Apologies for the delayed response, Forumotion actually locked me out of my own forum, which was nice...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip K Ditko Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:59 pm

According to FA, Comics Unlimited #54 is to be published as a tribute to Alan Austin. Are you involved in this, Tony?
https://comiczine-fa.com/news/alan-austins-comics-unlimited-fanzine-returns-for-final-tribute-issue
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2