Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor

2 posters

Go down

Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor Empty Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:40 pm

First appearance: Crack Comics #1 (May 1940), which according to the GCD went on sale March 27, 1940.
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor -_001_11
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor -_001_12
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor -_001b10
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor -_001c10
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor -_001d10
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor -_001e10
(no jokes about how different this might have been if he was raised by a gorilla instead of by a condor, or why the kid actually continued wearing some sort of covering as he outgrew that diaper he originally had . . . )
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor Empty Re: Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:34 am

MajorHoy wrote:(no jokes about how different this might have been if he was raised by a gorilla instead of by a condor, or why the kid actually continued wearing some sort of covering as he outgrew that diaper he originally had . . . )
Very Happy Laughing Razz I guess it's the Tarzan effect anyway, Major! Wink

I think Black Condor is an interesting character, I remember that curious mini series (or was it a truncated regular series?)  drawn by a young Rags Morales, whose # 1 cover was this one:
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor Blackc10
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor Empty Re: Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:41 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . I remember that curious mini series (or was it a truncated regular series?)  drawn by a young Rags Morales . . .
Well, looks like it lasted 12 issues back in 1992-1993, so it probably was just launched as a regular, on-going series. I wouldn't call 12 issues "truncated". I guess it just may not have had strong enough sales to keep it going beyond then.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:28 pm

Yes, in fact, as I have written above, I thought of it as a mini-series, but we could call it a "not so succesful series"; after all, many comic series started as ongoing and stopped after completing only the first year but you're right, "truncated" is more appropriated for other series, like Mike Baron's Sonic Disruptors which was supposed to be the "new Watchmen" in 1987/88 in terms of sales, at least in the intentions of Dc Comics executives at time (I remember the interviews and ads in Amazing Heroes magazine) and then was stopped with issue # 7!
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:40 pm

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. II (April 1985):
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Golden Age Black Condor -_00_b11
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down