Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics

2 posters

Go down

Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics Empty Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics

Post by BluesShark Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Had a bit of a result yesterday in the local branch of The Works (cheapo bookshop selling odd rubbish and bankrupt stock, for those who don't know). There's likely one quite close to you.

Tempted in by a window display of Marvel hardbacks (all rubbish, unfortunately, and not THAT cheap either at £7 a pop) I found a copy of this beautiful oversize hardback puplished in America about Jerry Robinson for a fiver reduced from about £23.

Result! I highly recommend that you check to see if your local branch has a copy (or ask me nicely and I'll pop up on Wednesday after the bed's delivered and pick you up a copy and post it to you - I can't see them selling the half dozen copies they had by then).

(Having a good month because I picked up a copy of the Kirby OMAC hardback, the Wein/Wrightson Swamp Thing collection and Superdinosaur volume 2 for under £20 in the Red Sun closing down sale (it's an ill wind and all that)).
BluesShark
BluesShark

Back to top Go down

Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics Empty Re: Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics

Post by tony ingram Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks for this. I've just found a copy in The Works in Ipswich on my monthly trip into town, also for a fiver. Looks like a gread read. Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics Empty Re: Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics

Post by BluesShark Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:35 pm

No problem. The Works are always worth a quick squint, I find.

Right now they have a rather gorgeous book about Osamu Tezuka, the grand-father of manga for tenner.
BluesShark
BluesShark

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Which was probably on the next shelf. Only I wouldn't have been looking for it. And now I won't go into town again for another three weeks...

On the other hand, by the time I do go in, they may well have sold out of those terrible Doring Kindersley DC and Avengers Character Guides I was tempted to buy. So every cloud has a silver lining.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down