Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynamite's Project Superpowers - Will it work this time?

3 posters

Go down

Dynamite's Project Superpowers - Will it work this time? Empty Dynamite's Project Superpowers - Will it work this time?

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:41 am

From another, earlier post:
tony ingram wrote: . . . I'm liking a lot of Dynamite's stuff lately, though I lament the apparent passing of their Project Superpowers titles.
And in 2014, . . .
Dynamite is honored to announce that Warren Ellis, one of the greatest and most respected comic book writers in comics, will be working with Dynamite for the very first time! Warren Ellis plans to take control of the Project Superpowers universe in late 2014, as Dynamite Entertainment continues to celebrate its 10th Anniversary.
(Read the story at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52207.)

Will this be the attempt that makes the series popular enough to be a regular on-going book for a while? Or will Dynamite (and/or Ellis) drop the ball?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Dynamite's Project Superpowers - Will it work this time? Empty Re: Dynamite's Project Superpowers - Will it work this time?

Post by Mbast1 Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:41 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Will this be the attempt that makes the series popular enough to be a regular on-going book for a while? Or will Dynamite (and/or Ellis) drop the ball?

I will be buying it. Ellis is in my short list of writers whose work I will buy sight unseen, because they've done so many things I like. Doesn't mean I always like it (A few of his series don't interest me) but I'll try them. That said, this bugs me. He's someone who I want to NOT writer superheroes. He does them well, sure, and I think this might be fun, but I want him to write other things. And I know that the market won't support that, and that saddens me.
Ah, well.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Dynamite's Project Superpowers - Will it work this time? Empty Re: Dynamite's Project Superpowers - Will it work this time?

Post by Lucy Ingram Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm not familiar with Warren Ellis. What has he written, please?
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:04 am

Lucy McGough wrote:I'm not familiar with Warren Ellis. What has he written, please?
http://www.comics.org/writer/name/Warren%20Ellis/sort/chrono/
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:13 am

Lucy McGough wrote:I'm not familiar with Warren Ellis. What has he written, please?

Transmetropolitan is the one I started with, and I re-read it every year. Moon Knight now, along with Trees. He's done Planetary, The Authority and Stormwatch, Ocean, Ministry of Space, Red (basis for the movies), Mek, Global Frequency, No Hero, Black Summer, and many other comics. He has written two novels so far, Gun Machine is the current, although I haven't finished it and Crooked Little Vein is the older one. That one is funny.
Plenty more, but that should be a good idea of his work.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 am

Oh yes, I know The Authority and I've heard of Transmetropolitan.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down