Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas

4 posters

Go down

Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas Empty Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:06 pm

As far as I can tell, this may just be a one-shot, but . . .
Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas Captai29
CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE INVADERS: BAHAMAS TRIANGLE #1
(W) Roy Thomas (A/CA) Jerry Ordway
March 1941. Assigned to safeguard President Roosevelt during a fishing trip in the Bahamas, the newly commissioned Cap endures his baptism under fire - while a German U-boat (carrying the Nazi super-soldier called Der Wunderkrieger (or Wonder Warrior) heads for the island chain's capital! His mission: to kidnap England's once-king, the Duke of Windsor, and sit him on the throne of a defeated Britain! But others happen to be in that part of the Atlantic as well - the once-bitter rivals the Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch!
Rated T
In Shops: Jul 03, 2019
(U.S.)SRP: $4.99
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY190794

Variant covers by Ron Lim:
Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas Captai31

and by Patrick Zircher
Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas Captai30

Last edited by MajorHoy on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Figured that after a year we no longer should title this "NEW". ; ))
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas Empty Re: Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:33 pm

Just bought a copy (the Ron Lim variant, since that was all that was on the shelf: I would have preferred the Jerry Ordway main cover) but haven't read it yet.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas Empty Re: Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Read it and enjoyed it!

A nice throwback story where the three main not-yet-Invaders are all involved (separately, not as a team yet) in the same adventure with the bad-guy being the pre-stuck-on-mask Baron Zemo.

Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas 00a_2510
Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas 00b_2510
Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas 00c_2510
Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas 00d_2510

And on the final page, a nice homage by Ordway to the cover of Giant-Size Invaders #1 from 1975.

I miss comic book stories like this!
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:10 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Read it and enjoyed it!

I'll have to remember to check this one out. Looks fun.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:04 am

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Read it and enjoyed it!
I'll have to remember to check this one out. Looks fun.
I definitely recommend it if you enjoyed the days when Roy Thomas was the regular writer on The Invaders (back in the last century).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:30 pm

MajorHoy wrote:I definitely recommend it if you enjoyed the days when Roy Thomas was the regular writer on The Invaders (back in the last century).

I do. And don't remind me!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:I definitely recommend it if you enjoyed the days when Roy Thomas was the regular writer on The Invaders (back in the last century).

I do. And don't remind me!
You didn't like Roy's Invaders!!!?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:25 pm

I did like them, very much. I meant don't remind me how long ago that was.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Mbast1 wrote:I did like them, very much. I meant don't remind me how long ago that was.
Ah. Yes...I feel that way at times...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:30 pm

I figured that after a year I can show this now without a "SPOILER!" warning.
MajorHoy wrote:. . . And on the final page, a nice homage by Ordway to the cover of Giant-Size Invaders #1 from 1975.
Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas -_capt10
from Captain America & The Invaders -- Bahamas Triangle (September 2019)

And, . . .
Captain America & The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle written by Roy Thomas Giant-16
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:04 am

MajorHoy wrote:I figured that after a year I can show this now without a "SPOILER!" warning.
Well, about this one, I remember people in old italian forums that put "Spoiler Warning!" even when writing, for example, about the ending of Apocalypse now, which was already 30 years old at the time.... Laughing Very nice homage by old Jerry, too rare these days, I miss having him on a regular series, like Power of Shazam! and Superman, a lot! Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down