Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England

2 posters

Go down

Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England Empty Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England

Post by MajorHoy Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 pm

First appearance: Super Friends #7 (October 1977):
Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England _000_s10
Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England _001_s10

Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England _002a_14
Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England _002b_14
Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England _002c_11

Godiva was also included in the Justice League International at he beginning of the New 52
Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England _003_j10

Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England Godiva10
from History of the DC Universe (1986)

MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England Empty Re: Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England

Post by tony ingram Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Yeah...I never quite worked out why our only hero was apparently L'Oreal Lass...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England Empty Re: Godiva (Dorcas Leigh), Heroine of England

Post by MajorHoy Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:40 pm

tony ingram wrote:Yeah...I never quite worked out why our only hero was apparently L'Oreal Lass...
What do you mean "only"?  Rolling Eyes  

The Global Guardians normally had just one hero/heroine per a country, so what did you expect: two for England?  Besides, there were other British heroes that DC created, such as Knight and Squire, The Hood, The Bowman of Britain, Lionheart, Beefeater, and I'm sure there must be others I'm not recalling off the top of my head.
(Would The Demon count since he was created by Merlin? Silent Knight?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Yeah...I never quite worked out why our only hero was apparently L'Oreal Lass...
What do you mean "only"?  Rolling Eyes  

The Global Guardians normally had just one hero/heroine per a country, so what did you expect: two for England?  Besides, there were other British heroes that DC created, such as Knight and Squire, The Hood, The Bowman of Britain, Lionheart, Beefeater, and I'm sure there must be others I'm not recalling off the top of my head.
Well, she was the only one around at the time! And I wouldn't really call the Beefeater much of a hero...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:21 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote: . . . there were other British heroes that DC created, such as Knight and Squire, The Hood, The Bowman of Britain, Lionheart, Beefeater, and I'm sure there must be others I'm not recalling off the top of my head.
Well, she was the only one around at the time! And I wouldn't really call the Beefeater much of a hero...
Knight and Squire, as well as the Bowman of Britain, were created in the 1950s, so they pre-date Godiva.
Besides, in 1977, how many other heroes did DC have from outside of the U.S. that were active? (Heck, how many active heroes based in Italy did DC have back then?)

By the way, a couple of other British heroes from DC are Beaumont and Sunny Jim (the "Class War") that were in Superman #689 (for just one page) and also, I believe, appeared in The Shade #11.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down