Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021

2 posters

Go down

Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021 Empty Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021

Post by MajorHoy Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:30 pm

‘Batman: The Dark Knight’ by Tom Taylor and Andy Kubert Debuts Tuesday, April 16
Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021 -----_13

Batman Goes International in An All-New Miniseries This April!

New Bat-Villains! New Bat-Allies! A thrilling overseas adventure for the Dark Knight begins with the launch of DC’s Batman: The Dark Knight on April 13! Batman: The Dark Knight will take a seasoned Batman—a lifetime of broken bones but not a broken spirit—out of Wayne Manor and on a harrowing, action-packed European quest in a new six-issue miniseries with superstar creators Tom Taylor (DCeased, Suicide Squad) and Andy Kubert (Batman: The Dark Knight-The Master Race, Superman: Up in the Sky) at the helm! DC’s Dark Knight returns this April!

“I will leap at any chance to tell a Batman story at any time,” said Taylor, “but teaming up with a legend like Andy Kubert for a Batman tale is a dream and an honor. I have Andy's Dark Knight statue sitting on my desk, so I can see exactly how his Batman is larger than life.”

“This series is a different take on the character than I had done before,” said Kubert. “Every story that I have done with Batman has been different in tone, and the art takes on a life of its own as the story dictates. Batman and Son, Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader and Dark Knight III-The Master Race along with Flashpoint Batman, had their own look and feel for that particular story. Batman: The Dark Knight is no different.”
You can read the rest here: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/01/15/batman-the-dark-knight-by-tom-taylor-and-andy-kubert-debuts-tuesday-april-13

Here's the cover for issue #1 with the revised title:
Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021 -----_14

Also, a variant cover for issue #3 shows what might be a new Squire?
Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021 -----_15

Whether that character ever shows up in "current continuity" stories may be another question . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021 Empty Re: Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021

Post by tony ingram Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:44 pm

Read issue #1 this week, and was quite impressed. Nice to see that someone finally remembered the Knight and the Squire.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021 Empty Re: Batman: The Detective six-issue series in 2021

Post by MajorHoy Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:08 pm

tony ingram wrote:Read issue #1 this week, and was quite impressed. Nice to see that someone finally remembered the Knight and the Squire.
I picked it up but haven't gotten to reading it yet.

And some of us never forget all the Knights and Squires! Wink
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down