Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb)

4 posters

Go down

The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb) Empty The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb)

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:32 pm

Has anybody picked this up since it was released back in March?
The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb) Black_89
The Black Canary: Bird of Prey
By: Various
Illustrated by: Various

This bird won’t be caged!

Rediscover the origin of DC’s original crime-fighting bird of prey in this collection of classic Golden and Silver Age tales!

Introduced in 1947 as a supporting character in the Johnny Thunder backup stories in Flash Comics, Black Canary became an instant hit with readers. After stealing Johnny Thunder’s thunder (so to speak), she earned her own starring feature that established her identity as Dinah Drake, a meek florist by day who dished out vigilante justice by night under the guise of the Black Canary.

Black Canary often found herself tangled in the cases of Larry Lance, a down-on-his-luck private eye who operated his detective agency out of Dinah’s flower shop. Whenever Larry found himself in way over his head, it was up to Black Canary’s fighting skills and knack for crime solving to save the day, which broke convention from the typical damsel-in-distress
archetype of the era.

The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collects all of Dinah Drake’s early comic book appearances from Flash Comics plus other adventures written and illustrated by comic book legends such as Robert Kanigher, Gardner Fox Carmine Infantino, and Murphy Anderson. This edition features stories from Flash Comics #86-88, 90-104; Comic Cavalcade #25; DC Special #3; Adventure Comics #399, 418-419; and The Brave and the Bold #61-62.

Paperback | $29.99 (US)
Published by DC Comics
Mar 09, 2021 | 224 Pages | 6-5/8 x 10-3/16 | ISBN 9781779509086
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/669449/the-black-canary-bird-of-prey-by-various/

It looks like it covers the same material that had been in THE BLACK CANARY ARCHIVES VOL. 1, the hardcover that was released back in 2003 (with original cover price of $49.95 US) nearly twenty years ago.

The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb) Black_90

NOTE: Should not be confused with the Birds of Prey: Black Canary tpb collection released back in 2020.  That book collected the Black Canary series published from 2015-2016.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb) Empty Re: The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb)

Post by Mbast1 Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:45 am

MajorHoy wrote:Has anybody picked this up since it was released back in March?

No, but it does look interesting. Thanks for the heads up!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb) Empty Re: The Black Canary: Bird of Prey collected edition (tpb)

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:05 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
By the way, just got delivery of my copy in the mail today.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:31 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
By the way, just got delivery of my copy in the mail today.

Did you order it at that "usual" famous website/seller? Wink Just asking that since here, in old Europe, there are not so many sellers where to find these kind of Books/Archives at decent prices, and surely not at discounted prices like it happened in the past.... Rolling Eyes I know the website Instocktrades.com but their international shipping rates are really too high... Crying or Very sad
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Did you order it at that "usual" famous website/seller? Wink Just asking that since here, in old Europe, there are not so many sellers where to find these kind of Books/Archives at decent prices, and surely not at discounted prices like it happened in the past.... Rolling Eyes I know the website Instocktrades.com but their international shipping rates are really too high... Crying or Very sad
I've never dealt with Instocktrades.com myself.

I did get this from barnesandnoble.com, though they weren't offering any discount off the list price. However, I had a coupon deal for my birthday a few months back where I could get $5 off any order of $30 or more, so I got the Black Canary book and a paperback mystery for my Mom's upcoming birthday (she'll be 91 towards the end of this month), and I get free shipping from them.

For the record, amazon.com had it for $25.16 (about 16% off according to their website).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:29 pm

I haven't even seen it! It's the sort of thing my local comic shop normally orders, but I've seen no sign of it. Odd.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:04 pm

tony ingram wrote:I haven't even seen it! It's the sort of thing my local comic shop normally orders, but I've seen no sign of it. Odd.
Don't know if availability over there could have been delayed, or if the fact that it appears to be a tpb version of the original hardcover Archive edition might have made a difference.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down