Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane) - Page 2 Empty Re: Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane)

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 am

One day we will be rich and you can buy ALL the comics!

Spoiler:
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane) - Page 2 Empty Re: Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane)

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:52 pm

After her appearances in Batman Family #17 and Freedom Fighters #14 in 1978, it looks like Kathy Kane's next appearance was in Detective Comics #485 (August-September 1979).
Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane) - Page 2 Af1fe82173715488900ae3f31567b4ab_l

Unfortunately, that story featured her death.
Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane) - Page 2 Batwoman_death2
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:09 pm

And by the looks of it, that was it for Kathy of Earth One... Crying or Very sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:42 am

Not sure if this ever got posted here (it could be one of the images that doesn't show up any longer):
Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane) - Page 2 -_batw10
from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. II (April 1985)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Was there only an entry for the Earth One Kathy in Who's Who?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:57 pm

tony ingram wrote:Was there only an entry for the Earth One Kathy in Who's Who?
I don't really think there was much to make a separate entry for an Earth-2 version. Was Earth-2 Batwoman in more stories than those two issues of The Brave and the Bold prior to 1985 / Crisis on Infinite Earths?  (I always assumed the 1950-1960s stories were considered to be more "Silver Age"/Earth-1 and not "Golden Age"/Earth-2.)

And for the record, Catwoman had separate Earth-1 and Earth-2 entries, but then again, the Earth-2 version had married Bruce (and later died) while the Earth-1 version hadn't.  But The Joker, who premiered in that same issue as "The Cat", and arguably had a helluva lot more Golden Age stories, didn't get separate Earth-2 and Earth-1 entries. (Neither did The Penguin.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:19 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Was there only an entry for the Earth One Kathy in Who's Who?
I don't really think there was much to make a separate entry for an Earth-2 version. Was Earth-2 Batwoman in more stories than those two issues of The Brave and the Bold prior to 1985 / Crisis on Infinite Earths?  (I always assumed the 1950-1960s stories were considered to be more "Silver Age"/Earth-1 and not "Golden Age"/Earth-2.)

And for the record, Catwoman had separate Earth-1 and Earth-2 entries, but then again, the Earth-2 version had married Bruce (and later died) while the Earth-1 version hadn't.  But The Joker, who premiered in that same issue as "The Cat", and arguably had a helluva lot more Golden Age stories, didn't get separate Earth-2 and Earth-1 entries. (Neither did The Penguin.)
I know, I always thought that was a bit unfair myself! Earth Two Joker was easily as significant as Alexi Luthor, if not more so, but Luthor got an entry!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:44 pm

tony ingram wrote: . . . Earth Two Joker was easily as significant as Alexi Luthor, if not more so, but Luthor got an entry!
There were more differences between the Earth-2 and Earth-1 versions of Luthor, like the fact that Earth-1 Luthor was bald and blamed Superboy/Superman for his hair loss, while Earth-2 Luthor still had hair.  Hell, even Mr. Mxyztplk / Mr. Mxyzptlk had different spellings and different costumes, so they at least got a split entry.
Original Batwoman (Kathy Kane) - Page 2 -_from10

Joker has now been around for 80 years (45 at the time of CoIE), and I know we got The Three Jokers recently, but back in 1985, what were the differences between Earth-2 and Earth-1 Jokers (besides one being older)?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:26 am

Fair point, I guess. Did Two-Face get two entries? As I recall, Earth Two Two-Face was called Harvey Kent, wasn't he?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:07 pm

tony ingram wrote:Fair point, I guess. Did Two-Face get two entries? As I recall, Earth Two Two-Face was called Harvey Kent, wasn't he?
I believe that was the initial name used, but it was soon after altered to Dent.
(A Wikipedia article says the name change was to avoid confusion with Clark Kent, but I also thought I remember hearing years ago there was something involving the Batman newspaper comic strip involved with the differences in name?)
What it boils down to is that I don't think the Harvey Kent name was used for all of the Golden Age with a change to Dent only happening with the Silver/Bronze Age, so I guess no real need for two separate entries. (No matter how fitting it would have been for Harvey.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:44 pm

MajorHoy wrote:but back in 1985, what were the differences between Earth-2 and Earth-1 Jokers (besides one being older)?

This was one of the things about Who's Who that always seemed annoying. It was almost arbitrary when it came to this, whether a character was different "enough" to justify their own entry.

Well, that and the fact that the promised Earth-One Superman entry was never included. That annoyed me a lot.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Mbast1 wrote:This was one of the things about Who's Who that always seemed annoying. It was almost arbitrary when it came to this, whether a character was different "enough" to justify their own entry.

Well, that and the fact that the promised Earth-One Superman entry was never included. That annoyed me a lot.
Uh, there were two different entries for both the "Golden Age" Superman and the modern/present-day Superman in the original Who's Who series.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:39 am

MajorHoy wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:This was one of the things about Who's Who that always seemed annoying. It was almost arbitrary when it came to this, whether a character was different "enough" to justify their own entry.

Uh, there were two different entries for both the "Golden Age" Superman and the modern/present-day Superman in the original Who's Who series.
Yes, but the modern day Superman featured was the Byrne reboot one, not the Earth One version.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2