Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There?

+2
indybrand13
tony ingram
6 posters

Go down

Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? Empty Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There?

Post by tony ingram Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:34 am

Is anyone else a fan of Kamala Khan? One of the best new characters Marvel have created in years, in my opinion.

Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? Msmarvel_zpsekoqgvnv
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? Empty Re: Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There?

Post by indybrand13 Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:46 am

I LIKE HER

indybrand13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:10 pm

I've never read her comic, but I like her.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 am

I'm aware of her, but haven't read any of her comics.

Besides, I'm still use to the previous Ms. Marvels, mainly
Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? Cef86bd9ff0b73e7f5fc08c34b643a8b_l
Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? 6dd36e7dc260bc1beeb79a33da67b5df_l

and vaguely
Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? 43e479a1f5b0070f4beb3e3335efcb27_l
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am

MajorHoy wrote:I'm aware of her, but haven't read any of her comics.

Besides, I'm still use to the previous Ms. Marvels, mainly
Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? Cef86bd9ff0b73e7f5fc08c34b643a8b_l
Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? 6dd36e7dc260bc1beeb79a33da67b5df_l

and vaguely
Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? 43e479a1f5b0070f4beb3e3335efcb27_l
The first two pictured, of course, being the same character, Carol Danvers. But she's Captain Marvel now...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by karatattoo Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:17 am

I been reading her stories from the character's first appearance.

I picked up and read The Magnificent Ms. Marvel #7 (the latest issue) today.
karatattoo
karatattoo

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:45 am

karatattoo wrote:I been reading her stories from the character's first appearance.

I picked up and read The Magnificent Ms. Marvel #7 (the latest issue) today.
So, how are you finding it? Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by karatattoo Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Simple. I drive to my local comics shop, go over to the wall on the left side, where the comics are displayed on shelves in alphabetical order, then proceed to the "M" section. There is where I will find the latest issue of The Magnificent Ms. Marvel.
The only thing about the trip I don't like is that I have to pay for the issue before I can leave the shop with it. Mad

Seriously, I'm enjoying the series a lot. The lighthearted tone of the stories is a nice change for some of the more serious titles I read.

The recent upgrade to a high tech costume is also something I like.
karatattoo
karatattoo

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:21 pm

karatattoo wrote:Simple. I drive to my local comics shop, go over to the wall on the left side, where the comics are displayed on shelves in alphabetical order, then proceed to the "M" section. There is where I will find the latest issue of The Magnificent Ms. Marvel.
The only thing about the trip I don't like is that I have to pay for the issue before I can leave the shop with it. Mad
Razz Razz Razz Razz
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:36 pm

I would like to add myself to Kamala Khan fans Very Happy here in Italy is published directly in paperbacks while current Captain Marvel series has a surprise newstand series which will reach issue 8 next 14 November with a War of the Reign tie-in! Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? 21190
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I would like to add myself to Kamala Khan fans Very Happy here in Italy is published directly in paperbacks while current Captain Marvel series has a surprise newstand series which will reach issue 8 next 14 November with a War of the Reign tie-in! Any Ms Marvel Fans Out There? 21190
I don't know much about the current comics situation in Italy. What do you have available over there?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:53 am

Last year Panini Comics restructured their line, closing some old titles which had "strange" combinations of characters, like Daredevil (known simply as Devil here) together with Hulk and launched new titles with only one 22-23 pages story each, like Captain America, Capt. Marvel, the "new" Conan, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, Immortal Hulk, Savage Avengers (starting this month with a new nr. 1) and Venom all priced at € 2.00 each and not so easy to find on newstands now.
Avengers, Deadpool, Iron Man and Wolverine have a monthly comic dedicated to each of them with 48 pages each, similar to Spider-Man which, however, has been bi-weekly since forever, all at € 3.50 each.
Only the X-Men continued with their 72-80 pages format at € 4.20-50, due to abundancy of material available, and the Marvel Miniserie series which publishes 2 US issues of mini-series like War of the Realms in every issue and has a similar page format, more info soon if you like.... Wink

Last edited by Barry_Allen on Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:01 pm

Interesting. Panini publish a line of Marvel reprints in the UK, but these are roughly eighty pages each and contain four issues each; Avengers Universe reprints Avengers and related miniseries, Mighty World of Marvel is currently running Infinity Wars but usually features Captain Marvel, Champions and Guardians of the Galaxy, Essential X-Men covers the main X-Men titles, and Marvel Legends features Cap, Thor and Iron Man. There's also a Spider-Man title, Wolverine & Deadpool, and a separate Deadpool title.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:18 pm

Recently they have published, always on newstands, two 11-issue mini-series in a close to Digest format of Frank Miller's Daredevil and Chris Claremont X-Men legendary runs but the small fonts are difficult to read for us guys around the Fifities..... Very Happy
Btw, last month Chris Claremont has been guest in my town for a wedding of two british guys who have chosen to celebrate their wedding in a local church and even Tony Blair with bride and youngest son were here too! The party was held in a location quite close to my home Shocked but of course, due to security issues, we have been informed of that days later in local newspapers! Rolling Eyes
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:15 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:last month Chris Claremont has been guest in my town for a wedding of two british guys who have chosen to celebrate their wedding in a local church and even Tony Blair with bride and youngest son were here too! The party was held in a location quite close to my home Shocked but of course, due to security issues, we have been informed of that days later in local newspapers! Rolling Eyes
Well, they can't take chances with Chris Claremont's safety!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm

That's for sure Tony! Laughing
I remember having read about various volumes of Mighty World of Marvel, maybe it was on one of your historical fanzines I bought directly from you ages ago.....?  Wink

Last wednesday (also here is the day when comic book arrive) Panini also published on newstands:
- Spider-man (Italian edition of) Vol. 3 nr. 1 The new series by JJ Abrams and our own Academy Award Winning artist Sara Pichelli, she is from my region, btw  Very Happy )
- House of X by Hickman and Larraz# 1;
- the Italian edition of New Mutants: War Children, the new special by old Chris C. and Bill Sienkiewicz! Cool
plus new issues of the usual Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Wolverine monthlies of which we have written above...  Rolling Eyes
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:That's for sure Tony! Laughing
I remember having read about various volumes of Mighty World of Marvel, maybe it was on one of your historical fanzines I bought directly from you ages ago.....?  Wink

Last wednesday (also here is the day when comic book arrive) Panini also published on newstands:
- Spider-man (Italian edition of) Vol. 3 nr. 1 The new series by JJ Abrams and our own Academy Award Winning artist Sara Pichelli, she is from my region, btw  Very Happy )
- House of X by Hickman and Larraz# 1;
- the Italian edition of New Mutants: War Children, the new special by old Chris C. and Bill Sienkiewicz! Cool
plus new issues of the usual Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Wolverine monthlies of which we have written above...  Rolling Eyes
Of course, you bought some of my old Comics Retrospectives! Blimey, that takes me back! Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:14 am

tony ingram wrote:
Of course, you bought some of my old Comics Retrospectives! Blimey, that takes me back! Very Happy

Yes, we are still waiting for last issue of Comics Retrospective to be published! Very Happy
And we are still waiting for issue three of Marvel Retrospective, if I remember well, too.... Cool Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
tony ingram wrote:

Yes, we are still waiting for last issue of Comics Retrospective to be published! Very Happy
And we are still waiting for issue three of Marvel Retrospective, if I remember well, too.... Cool Very Happy
I knew I shouldn't have commissioned Geoff Johns to write it... Crying or Very sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:05 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
I knew I shouldn't have commissioned Geoff Johns to write it... Crying or Very sad
Sure it wasn't going to be written by Frank Miller after he finished his All Star Batman & Robin work?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:11 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Sure it wasn't going to be written by Frank Miller after he finished his All Star Batman & Robin work?
He was drawing the cover...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:07 am

Have you read latest news about Frank Miller ex wife and colorist Lynn Varley stealing so many pieces of his pencil art? Very surprised to hear that as I even didn't know they were divorced... Surprised
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:31 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Have you read latest news about Frank Miller ex wife and colorist Lynn Varley stealing so many pieces of his pencil art? Very surprised to hear that as I even didn't know they were divorced... Surprised
I have! I'm no fan of Miller as a person, but he's got a right to be annoyed here, I think. He must be fuming.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down