Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League

3 posters

Go down

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Empty "Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:39 am

JUSTICE LEAGUE #30 YOTV DARK GIFTS
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic21
JUN190518
(W) James TynionIV, Scott Snyder
(A) Jorge Jimenez (CA) Francis Manapul
The "Justice Doom War" starts here! The Lex Luthor the League has known and fought is no more, replaced by an apex predator version of Lex, powered by Perpetua with a goal of bringing tragedy to the DC Universe. Now that Lex has powered up villains across the cosmos, he marshals his own troops, sparking a war between the Legion of Doom and the Justice League that will span space, time and the Multiverse itself. This is the start of the next big Justice League event, with consequences affecting "DC's Year of the Villain" and beyond!
In Shops: Aug 21, 2019
(U.S.)SRP: $3.99

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN190518

JUSTICE LEAGUE #30 CARD STOCK VAR ED YOTV DARK GIFTS
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic22
(CA) Jay Anacleto
(U.S.)SRP: $4.99
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN190519

Part 2, with the JSA involved, is due out in September.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Empty Re: "Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:15 am

JUSTICE LEAGUE #31 YOTV
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic42
JUL190578
(W) Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV
(A) Jorge Jimenez (CA) Francis Manapul
"The Justice Doom War" part two! The culmination of Lex Luthor's plan hinges on his beating the Justice League to the prize, ratcheting up the peril as the Year of the Villain continues! The Totality has shattered and its pieces have been tossed across space and time. Thus, the Justice League must also split apart, forming three search teams to comb the past, present, and future to re-combine the Totality before the Legion of Doom can get its villainous hands on the cosmic weapon. What allies will our heroes find in these other timelines? In the future, it's the Last Boy on Earth, Kamandi! But in the past, there are the familiar faces of the Justice Society of America!  
In Shops: Sep 04, 2019

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL190578

JUSTICE LEAGUE #31 VAR ED YOTV
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic24
(CA) Julian Totino Tedesco
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL190579

Last edited by MajorHoy on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Empty Re: "Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League

Post by tony ingram Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:17 pm

This book has definitely been improving, but I'm just waiting for #31. And while on the subject of the Golden Age heroes, did anyone else notice that as of Event Leviathan, Plastic Man's history with the All-Star Squadron seems to be in continuity again?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:28 pm

tony ingram wrote: . . . And while on the subject of the Golden Age heroes, did anyone else notice that as of Event Leviathan, Plastic Man's history with the All-Star Squadron seems to be in continuity again?
Looked over issue #1 briefly in a store today. Writing seemed to be the type of Bendis-work I avoid, and unfortunately the art/coloring looked a bit muddy and washed out (which seems to happen a lot since DC switched the type of paper they print on several months ago, at least for comics we get here in the U.S.).
Didn't see issue #2 that I recall, so can't comment on any Plas references.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:15 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote: . . . And while on the subject of the Golden Age heroes, did anyone else notice that as of Event Leviathan, Plastic Man's history with the All-Star Squadron seems to be in continuity again?
Looked over issue #1 briefly in a store today. Writing seemed to be the type of Bendis-work I avoid, and unfortunately the art/coloring looked a bit muddy and washed out (which seems to happen a lot since DC switched the type of paper they print on several months ago, at least for comics we get here in the U.S.).
Didn't see issue #2 that I recall, so can't comment on any Plas references.
Lucy and I were both rather impressed with it. Sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:14 pm

tony ingram wrote:Lucy and I were both rather impressed with it. Sad

Sometimes I wish I weren't so anti-DC...
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Mbast1 wrote:

I'm not sure how to respond to that. "So do I" just seems churlish. Crying or Very sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:06 am

tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
I'm not sure how to respond to that. "So do I" just seems churlish. Crying or Very sad
I'm not "anti-DC", but I am definitely not thrilled with most of the present day stuff (or writers like Bendis and Tom King).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:19 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
I'm not "anti-DC", but I am definitely not thrilled with most of the present day stuff (or writers like Bendis and Tom King).
I disliked much of Bendis's Marvel work, but I've really enjoyed what he's been doing at DC. And Tom King, for that matter.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:32 pm

tony ingram wrote:I'm not sure how to respond to that. "So do I" just seems churlish. Crying or Very sad

I don't think it's churlish. I just can't get past how they treat creators. And every time I want to give in and buy DC I see something else crappy they've done. Which sucks, because I've loved DC since I was a kid.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I'm not sure how to respond to that. "So do I" just seems churlish. Crying or Very sad

I don't think it's churlish. I just can't get past how they treat creators. And every time I want to give in and buy DC I see something else crappy they've done. Which sucks, because I've loved DC since I was a kid.
But aren't you kind of blaming the creators for the decisions of upper management?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:23 am

tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
But aren't you kind of blaming the creators for the decisions of upper management?
But if he buys DC titles to support the creators, he's also supporting upper management and indirectly condoning what the company has been doing.
It's better to support the creators when they do projects that are not published by DC if he doesn't want to reward DC with his purchases.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:05 am

I look at it exactly as Major Hoy described. Same reason I don't shop at some stores. All iI can do is not support businesses whose practices I can't abide. I know it affects the creators, but there's only so much I can do.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:47 am

Mbast1 wrote:I look at it exactly as Major Hoy described. Same reason I don't shop at some stores. All iI can do is not support businesses whose practices I can't abide. I know it affects the creators, but there's only so much I  can do.
I guess that's logical. I'm not sure DC would care, though, unless a significantly higher number of readers made the same decision.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:47 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:I look at it exactly as Major Hoy described. Same reason I don't shop at some stores. All iI can do is not support businesses whose practices I can't abide. I know it affects the creators, but there's only so much I  can do.
I guess that's logical. I'm not sure DC would care, though, unless a significantly higher number of readers made the same decision.
It's not so much that DC would care (or even be aware of) whether somebody is or isn't buying their products, especially since we don't buy comic books directly from DC ourselves, but the person buying the DC products would know. And to some, that's all that matters in the end.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:55 pm

MajorHoy wrote:And to some, that's all that matters in the end.

Right. That is, I don't want my money supporting those business practices. I KNOW they don't care in that they're not going to be noticeably affected. But I care.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Empty Justice League #32 - "The Justice Doom War" Part 3

Post by MajorHoy Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:36 pm

JUSTICE LEAGUE #32
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic44
JUL190580
(W) James Tynion IV, Scott Snyder
(A) Howard Porter (CA) Francis Manapul
"The Justice Doom War" part three! Things are getting dangerous across the time stream. On one side of time, the Justice League team finds heroic purpose; on the other, it's a future full of chaos and trial. It's the Totality in action. If they can't stop Lex's Legion across all fronts, there may be only one other option: embrace Doom!
In Shops: Sep 18, 2019

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL190580

JUSTICE LEAGUE #32 CARD STOCK VAR ED
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic45
(CA) Olivier Coipel
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL190581
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:31 pm

JUSTICE LEAGUE #33
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic46
AUG190534
(W) Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV
(A) Bruno Redondo (CA) Francis Manapul
"The Justice Doom War" part four! Apex Lex Luthor is in ascendance, and he's taking out the remaining members of the Justice League in the present just as his Legion of Doom is beating down the time-traveling heroes in both the past and the future. Batman, Superman and the rest of our heroes may have just figured out how Kamandi's timeline works when terrible Hypertime quakes rattle their existence, threatening to strand them far from their own time. Meanwhile, the Flash, Green Lantern and the Justice Society take another leap through time, heading for...ancient Atlantis?
In Shops: Oct 02, 2019

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG190534

JUSTICE LEAGUE #33 CARD STOCK VARIANT ED
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic47
AUG190535
(CA) Jonboy Meyers  
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG190535
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:20 pm

Rumor has it the JSA made an appearance in Justice League #30 (due out today)?

I have a picture I can post if anybody wants me to . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:37 pm

MajorHoy wrote:I have a picture I can post if anybody wants me to . . . [/size]

I want! Please.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-justice-society-returns/

I saw that and was wondering.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:54 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:I have a picture I can post if anybody wants me to . . .
I want! Please.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-justice-society-returns/

I saw that and was wondering.
Well, since I haven't seen the issue myself, all I have is stuff posted elsewhere.

This was suppose to be on a Twitter account:
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Art_po10

And this was posted elsewhere today:
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Jusitc11

Still strange differences regarding costumes and members when compared to the actual Golden Age All-Star Comics stories / line-ups, but . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:43 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Still strange differences regarding costumes and members when compared to the actual Golden Age All-Star Comics stories / line-ups, but . . .

Thanks for posting those, fun to see. I'm sure they're never going to be exactly as they were decades ago, but this looks good.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Still strange differences regarding costumes and members when compared to the actual Golden Age All-Star Comics stories / line-ups, but . . .

Thanks for posting those, fun to see. I'm sure they're never going to be exactly as they were decades ago, but this looks good.
It absolutely made my day when they turned up at the end of issue #30. I mean, I knew they'd be in #31, but...

Last edited by tony ingram on Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:27 am

OK, so this week we got what Barry Allen refers to as "the first team-up of the Justice League and the Justice Society", and it was intriguing to say the least. Barry is troubled by the fact that every time he looks at Jay Garrick, he has the feeling they have a shared history he can't quite recall; John Stewart says he's unaware of any super teams in the 1940's, but he recognises Dr Fate and Hawkman as the same Kent Nelson and Carter Hall he knows from the future, and he also knows that Kendra Saunders had a previous life in this time as someone called Shiera; this prompts a furious Hawkman to attack him, demanding to know what he "knows about Shiera Hall". On the face of it, this could be a minor continuity glitch as Carter and Shiera weren't originally married in 1941, however the implication that something has happened to shiera and Dr Fate's comment that the JSA appear to have been "erased from history" and that "time has been altered, perhaps many times"  way well suggest that things are already not quite right in 1941. This might also be a reason why Hawkman seems to be wearing a helmet reminiscent of the one Katar Hol had in The Savage Hawkman, though it could equally just be a weird stylistic choice.

Scott Snyder has recently said that there is actually a connection between his use of the JSA and the events of Doomsay Clock; apparently, the two writers have been communicating after all. He also says the version of Kamandi currently appearing in Justice League may not be the same one seen in this weeks LSH: Millennium #1, since the JL story takes place before the end of Doomsday Clock and Millennium occurs after it. As for what any imminent timeline changes could mean for the JSA, I have no idea, but things are certainly getting interesting...

Last edited by tony ingram on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 am

By the way, did Justice League #31 specifically give the date as 1941? Because while Starman did join the team in late 1941 (issue #8 was cover-dated December 1941-January 1942 but went on sale in late October of 1941) we still don't know how Wildcat fits in to that timeline.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:34 am

MajorHoy wrote:By the way, did Justice League #31 specifically give the date as 1941? Because while Starman did join the team in late 1941 (issue #8 was cover-dated December 1941-January 1942 but went on sale in late October of 1941) we still don't know how Wildcat fits in to that timeline.
Since the Japanese are about to attack Pearl Harbour on the last page, I don't think the date's in any doubt... Razz
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:06 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:By the way, did Justice League #31 specifically give the date as 1941? Because while Starman did join the team in late 1941 (issue #8 was cover-dated December 1941-January 1942 but went on sale in late October of 1941) we still don't know how Wildcat fits in to that timeline.
Since the Japanese are about to attack Pearl Harbour on the last page, I don't think the date's in any doubt... Razz
Unless, of course, the timeline is all out of whack and the Japanese aren't attacking Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941 in this revised reality . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:39 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Unless, of course, the timeline is all out of whack and the Japanese aren't attacking Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941 in this revised reality . . .  
No. The Leaguers asked the date. Obviously.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:06 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Unless, of course, the timeline is all out of whack and the Japanese aren't attacking Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941 in this revised reality . . .  
Well, I don't think "obviously" is really apparent since I haven't seen the issue (or the previous one).
Last time I was at a comic book shop was back on July 12th. (Guess I should make a trip in the next week or two, though I don't know how thick my "hold" file will be, and I'm planning to probably drop a few more books as well.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:39 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Unless, of course, the timeline is all out of whack and the Japanese aren't attacking Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941 in this revised reality . . .  
Well, I don't think "obviously" is really apparent since I haven't seen the issue (or the previous one).
Last time I was at a comic book shop was back on July 12th. (Guess I should make a trip in the next week or two, though I don't know how thick my "hold" file will be, and I'm planning to probably drop a few more books as well.)
It seemed obvious to me, because why would it not be on that date, and why would they not reveal the date for dramatic effect?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:21 am

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
It seemed obvious to me, because why would it not be on that date, and why would they not reveal the date for dramatic effect?
But, again, you're reading this. I have not been reading it, and have no idea if by travelling back in time if time may have been altered or not. All I was aware of that some members of the Justice League were traveling back to the 1940s. Your response was the first time that I heard that 1941 was involved, and considering how much changing timelines seems to have been a thing with DC stories since the return of Barry Allen, anything seemed possible. (And again, why is Wildcat a member of the JSA in 1941?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:45 am

MajorHoy wrote: (And again, why is Wildcat a member of the JSA in 1941?)

My own thought is that people often don't know history all that well, and anything before their own childhood is all the same.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:47 am

tony ingram wrote:As for what any imminent timeline changes could mean for the JSA, I have no idea, but things are certainly getting interesting...

So they're jiggering their timeline again? That is genuinely weird. They don't seem to be able to keep things the same for more than 5 minutes. I think if I wanted to get back into DC I'd feel as I do with Marvel, totally out of it having missed so many events.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:As for what any imminent timeline changes could mean for the JSA, I have no idea, but things are certainly getting interesting...

So they're jiggering their timeline again? That is genuinely weird. They don't seem to be able to keep things the same for more than 5 minutes. I think if I wanted to get back into DC I'd feel as I do with Marvel, totally out of it having missed so many events.
Hang on, I didn't say they were! I was more speculating on whether they might. If they do, I think it's more likely to be a partial reversion to how things used to be than an entirely new universe.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:04 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
Hang on, I didn't say they were! I was more speculating on whether they might. If they do, I think it's more likely to be a partial reversion to how things used to be than an entirely new universe.
It does seem DC may be ready to try to again realign with more "classic" versions of characters / books, but unfortunately in the past they've also thrown in revisions to satisfy the writers that have no real relation to what use to be (like when they brought back Barry Allen with a dead mommy in his backstory now for no really good reason).
So who knows where DC may be when they finally settle on their changes for this year / month / week, and will it have been worth the wait? (Only time will tell.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:55 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
It does seem DC may be ready to try to again realign with more "classic" versions of characters / books, but unfortunately in the past they've also thrown in revisions to satisfy the writers that have no real relation to what use to be (like when they brought back Barry Allen with a dead mommy in his backstory now for no really good reason).
So who knows where DC may be when they finally settle on their changes for this year / month / week, and will it have been worth the wait? (Only time will tell.)
Well, from my point of view, I'm not waiting; I'm enjoying what they're producing now.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:23 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Well, from my point of view, I'm not waiting; I'm enjoying what they're producing now.
Well, that makes one of us.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:03 pm

tony ingram wrote: I'm not waiting; I'm enjoying what they're producing now.

You know, that's probably the only way TO do things. Who knows what is coming, just read what you like now and don't worry about the rest.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote: I'm not waiting; I'm enjoying what they're producing now.

You know, that's probably the only way TO do things. Who knows what is coming, just read what you like now and don't worry about the rest.
It's the only way I can look at it right now. After Brexit, depending on what your beloved President decrees, we may not even be able to get American comics in Britain!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:44 pm

tony ingram wrote: we may not even be able to get American comics in Britain!

Well, that's a gloomy outlook!

I'd have to send you care packages. Until we sink, anyway...
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:09 pm

JUSTICE LEAGUE #34
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic52
AUG190536
(W) James Tynion IV, Scott Snyder
(A) Jim Cheung (CA) Francis Manapul
"The Justice Doom War" part five! All Hypertime is breaking! If it blows, all of reality will follow after-which would be just fine for Lex Luthor, who is ready to prove to the evil goddess Perpetua that he's the bad man for her. The Justice League is attempting to do what they can, chasing the Legion of Doom across the time-sphere. If the Totality is put back together, the whole Multiverse will tip toward Doom...and have consequences that reverberate throughout the DC Universe-assuming it's not destroyed in the process.  
In Shops: Oct 16, 2019

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG190536

JUSTICE LEAGUE #34 CARD STOCK VARIANT ED (YOTV)
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic53
AUG190537
(CA) Francesco Mattina   
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG190537
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Sometimes it must be exhausting being in the Justice League.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm

tony ingram wrote:Sometimes it must be exhausting being in the Justice League.

I think the posing alone would wear me out.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Sometimes it must be exhausting being in the Justice League.
I think the posing alone would wear me out.
Do they ever handle anything that's not a major world-altering threat these days? Question

(It seemed so much simpler back in the early 1970s when I first started following them.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:06 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Do they ever handle anything that's not a major world-altering threat these days?  Question    

Probably not, I meant the threat level for EVERYthing has to be catastrophic or no one cares...

MajorHoy wrote:(It seemed so much simpler back in the early 1970s when I first started following them.)

I agree, but then as a kid I probably thought THOSE things were world-enders.[/quote]
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Leafed through issue #31 when I was at the comic book shop today (didn't buy it; still waiting for tpb collection before I might commit) and noticed Wildcat saying something that didn't make any sense to me:
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic54
Now, when did they introduce the concept of Wesley Dodds being an author? Shocked

I know Golden Age Dr. Mid-Nite (Charles McNider) was, as was Tarantula (‎Jonathan Law). They also made Wesley's companion Dian Belmont an author at one point. But I don't remember Wesley ever being an author, especially not during the Golden Age.
Anybody know when he was ever said to be a writer before this?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Also, another point that bothered me, from the first page with the JSA:
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic56

Why is Jay referring to Barry as "son"?
This is taking place in December of 1941. I'm assuming Jay would still be in his +/-first year (possibly second, but since comic book time isn't the same as "real" time) as The Flash, so how old would he be when this story is supposedly taking place? And would Jay be older then than "present-day" Barry; about the same age; or possibly even younger than "present-day" Barry? (Or are they just writing Barry as really immature for his age?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:35 pm

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic57
Another thought: if this is December of 1941, Sandman would have already dropped the green suit and gasmask for his purple-and-gold costume. Maybe the timeline is so screwed up that he never partnered with Sandy in this current "reality"? Question

(Still waiting for a tpb collection before I commit to buying this or not.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down