"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League

Go down

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Empty "Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:39 am

JUSTICE LEAGUE #30 YOTV DARK GIFTS
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic21
JUN190518
(W) James TynionIV, Scott Snyder
(A) Jorge Jimenez (CA) Francis Manapul
The "Justice Doom War" starts here! The Lex Luthor the League has known and fought is no more, replaced by an apex predator version of Lex, powered by Perpetua with a goal of bringing tragedy to the DC Universe. Now that Lex has powered up villains across the cosmos, he marshals his own troops, sparking a war between the Legion of Doom and the Justice League that will span space, time and the Multiverse itself. This is the start of the next big Justice League event, with consequences affecting "DC's Year of the Villain" and beyond!
In Shops: Aug 21, 2019
(U.S.)SRP: $3.99

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN190518

JUSTICE LEAGUE #30 CARD STOCK VAR ED YOTV DARK GIFTS
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic22
(CA) Jay Anacleto
(U.S.)SRP: $4.99
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN190519

Part 2, with the JSA involved, is due out in September.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Empty Re: "Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:15 am

JUSTICE LEAGUE #31 YOTV
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic23
JUL190578
(W) Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV
(A) Jorge Jimenez (CA) Francis Manapul
"The Justice Doom War" part two! The culmination of Lex Luthor's plan hinges on his beating the Justice League to the prize, ratcheting up the peril as the Year of the Villain continues! The Totality has shattered and its pieces have been tossed across space and time. Thus, the Justice League must also split apart, forming three search teams to comb the past, present, and future to re-combine the Totality before the Legion of Doom can get its villainous hands on the cosmic weapon. What allies will our heroes find in these other timelines? In the future, it's the Last Boy on Earth, Kamandi! But in the past, there are the familiar faces of the Justice Society of America!
In Shops: Sep 04, 2019

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL190578

JUSTICE LEAGUE #31 VAR ED YOTV
"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Justic24
(CA) Julian Totino Tedesco
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL190579
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

"Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League Empty Re: "Justice Doom War" arc in Justice League

Post by tony ingram on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:17 pm

This book has definitely been improving, but I'm just waiting for #31. And while on the subject of the Golden Age heroes, did anyone else notice that as of Event Leviathan, Plastic Man's history with the All-Star Squadron seems to be in continuity again?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:28 pm

tony ingram wrote: . . . And while on the subject of the Golden Age heroes, did anyone else notice that as of Event Leviathan, Plastic Man's history with the All-Star Squadron seems to be in continuity again?
Looked over issue #1 briefly in a store today. Writing seemed to be the type of Bendis-work I avoid, and unfortunately the art/coloring looked a bit muddy and washed out (which seems to happen a lot since DC switched the type of paper they print on several months ago, at least for comics we get here in the U.S.).
Didn't see issue #2 that I recall, so can't comment on any Plas references.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:15 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote: . . . And while on the subject of the Golden Age heroes, did anyone else notice that as of Event Leviathan, Plastic Man's history with the All-Star Squadron seems to be in continuity again?
Looked over issue #1 briefly in a store today. Writing seemed to be the type of Bendis-work I avoid, and unfortunately the art/coloring looked a bit muddy and washed out (which seems to happen a lot since DC switched the type of paper they print on several months ago, at least for comics we get here in the U.S.).
Didn't see issue #2 that I recall, so can't comment on any Plas references.
Lucy and I were both rather impressed with it. Sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:14 pm

tony ingram wrote:Lucy and I were both rather impressed with it. Sad

Sometimes I wish I weren't so anti-DC...
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Mbast1 wrote:

I'm not sure how to respond to that. "So do I" just seems churlish. Crying or Very sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:06 am

tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
I'm not sure how to respond to that. "So do I" just seems churlish. Crying or Very sad
I'm not "anti-DC", but I am definitely not thrilled with most of the present day stuff (or writers like Bendis and Tom King).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:19 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
I'm not "anti-DC", but I am definitely not thrilled with most of the present day stuff (or writers like Bendis and Tom King).
I disliked much of Bendis's Marvel work, but I've really enjoyed what he's been doing at DC. And Tom King, for that matter.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:32 pm

tony ingram wrote:I'm not sure how to respond to that. "So do I" just seems churlish. Crying or Very sad

I don't think it's churlish. I just can't get past how they treat creators. And every time I want to give in and buy DC I see something else crappy they've done. Which sucks, because I've loved DC since I was a kid.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I'm not sure how to respond to that. "So do I" just seems churlish. Crying or Very sad

I don't think it's churlish. I just can't get past how they treat creators. And every time I want to give in and buy DC I see something else crappy they've done. Which sucks, because I've loved DC since I was a kid.
But aren't you kind of blaming the creators for the decisions of upper management?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:23 am

tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
But aren't you kind of blaming the creators for the decisions of upper management?
But if he buys DC titles to support the creators, he's also supporting upper management and indirectly condoning what the company has been doing.
It's better to support the creators when they do projects that are not published by DC if he doesn't want to reward DC with his purchases.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:05 am

I look at it exactly as Major Hoy described. Same reason I don't shop at some stores. All iI can do is not support businesses whose practices I can't abide. I know it affects the creators, but there's only so much I can do.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:47 am

Mbast1 wrote:I look at it exactly as Major Hoy described. Same reason I don't shop at some stores. All iI can do is not support businesses whose practices I can't abide. I know it affects the creators, but there's only so much I  can do.
I guess that's logical. I'm not sure DC would care, though, unless a significantly higher number of readers made the same decision.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:47 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:I look at it exactly as Major Hoy described. Same reason I don't shop at some stores. All iI can do is not support businesses whose practices I can't abide. I know it affects the creators, but there's only so much I  can do.
I guess that's logical. I'm not sure DC would care, though, unless a significantly higher number of readers made the same decision.
It's not so much that DC would care (or even be aware of) whether somebody is or isn't buying their products, especially since we don't buy comic books directly from DC ourselves, but the person buying the DC products would know. And to some, that's all that matters in the end.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:55 pm

MajorHoy wrote:And to some, that's all that matters in the end.

Right. That is, I don't want my money supporting those business practices. I KNOW they don't care in that they're not going to be noticeably affected. But I care.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down