Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN'

3 posters

Go down

DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' Empty DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN'

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:13 am

In a different thread, many (MANY!) years ago, Tony made this comment:
tony ingram wrote:All except the collectors edition, I never found a copy of that.
My favourite was this one, though.

DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' WW239_zpsf94011d3
Well, guess what?

DC is coming out with a hardcover reprint of the classic Collectors Edition that Tony missed out on!  

DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' 403549  vs.   DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' 87796  

From icv2 (https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/45848/dc-release-hardcover-edition-superman-vs-wonder-woman):
DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN'
Reprinting 1978 Treasury-Size Release

Posted by Milton Griepp on June 3, 2020 @ 4:24 am CT

DC Comics will release a hardcover edition of Superman Vs. Wonder Woman in the original 10" x 13.5" size in December.  Originally released as All-New Collector’s Edition C-54 in 1978, the story is written by Gerry Conway, with cover and interior pencils by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and inks by Dan Adkins.

The story is set during World War II, when Superman and Wonder Woman fight off Baron Blitzkrieg and Sumo as they fight among themselves over the U.S. decision to develop nuclear weapons.

And from the Penguin / Random House site (https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/664465/superman-vs-wonder-woman-tabloid-edition-by-gerry-conway/):
Superman vs. Wonder Woman (Tabloid Edition)
By Gerry Conway
Illustrated by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez
Hardcover
$39.99
Dec 08, 2020 | ISBN 9781779507204

The unforgettable clash of Superman and Wonder Woman from 1978 is reprinted in its original, tabloid-size format for the first time.

This tabloid-sized epic from 1978 tells the tale of a forgotten chapter of World War II in which Superman and Wonder Woman cross paths while the United States stands at the brink of developing nuclear weapons. And while Superman sees their potential to stop the Axis, Wonder Woman is determined to destroy them before innocent lives are lost! But before this powerful twosome can settle their differences, they will have to face the super-powered menaces of Baron Blitzkrieg and the mysterious samurai known as Sumo!

DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' Superm11
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' Empty Re: DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN'

Post by Mbast1 Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:29 am

Tony won't be the only one buying that! It looks great. I definitely remember reading about it but have never read it.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' Empty Re: DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN'

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:32 am

Mbast1 wrote:Tony won't be the only one buying that! It looks great. I definitely remember reading about it but have never read it.
I still have my copy that I bought back in the day (over 40 years ago . . . ).  

Cool
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:54 pm

About the Italian edition of this comic book pictured here below, I was too young to be allowed to buy it (it was very expensive for a child in 1978) when it came out and now it's expensive too, but some years ago I managed to buy the so called "Superbook of Superman", which was a hardcover comic collection of Italian editions of Superman vs. Spider-Man, Superman vs. Mohammed Ali, and vs. Wonder Woman, so maybe I still should own it, if based in the attic! DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' Superm13
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:About the Italian edition of this comic book pictured here below, I was too young to be allowed to buy it (it was very expensive for a child in 1978) when it came out and now it's expensive too, but some years ago I managed to buy the so called "Superbook of Superman", which was a hardcover comic collection of Italian editions of Superman vs. Spider-Man, Superman vs. Mohammed Ali, and vs. Wonder Woman, so maybe I still should own it, if based in the attic! DC TO RELEASE HARDCOVER EDITION OF 1978's 'SUPERMAN VS. WONDER WOMAN' Superm13
As mentioned in an older, previous thread (https://crikey.forumotion.com/t176-wonder-woman), the Superman vs. Wonder Woman story was back from that period when the Earth-2 Wonder Woman (during World War II) was featured in the Wonder Woman comic book and in the Wonder Woman feature in the $1.00-sized World's Finest Comics to correspond with the first season of the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV show. (After that first season, the show switched networks and was then set during the "present-day".)
Me, I loved that run of WWII-era of the Wonder Woman comic book and feature, and I was a little disappointed when it ended. And while I often dread when comic books are drastically changed to reflect more of the TV show and/or movie versions, this was a case of changing the book in a way that didn't really alter what had recently been published.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:57 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
As mentioned in an older, previous thread (https://crikey.forumotion.com/t176-wonder-woman), the Superman vs. Wonder Woman story was back from that period when the Earth-2 Wonder Woman (during World War II) was featured in the Wonder Woman comic book and in the Wonder Woman feature in the $1.00-sized World's Finest Comics to correspond with the first season of the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV show. (After that first season, the show switched networks and was then set during the "present-day".)
Me, I loved that run of WWII-era of the Wonder Woman comic book and feature, and I was a little disappointed when it ended.

As I child of the Seventies I fondly remember the Wonder Woman TV Show which was very popular at time also in Italy, since it was broadcasted by the second State television channel and I remember that Lynda Carter's relationship with the then President of the United States was also widely publicized. Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:As I child of the Seventies I fondly remember the Wonder Woman TV Show which was very popular at time also in Italy, since it was broadcasted by the second State television channel and I remember that Lynda Carter's relationship with the then President of the United States was also widely publicized. Very Happy
By the way, did you get all three seasons of the show over there? The first season, which was set during WWII, was originally broadcasted on one network (ABC) here in the U.S., but the second and third seasons were changed to take place in the then "present day" (1970s) and were shown on a different network (CBS). Aside from Lynda Carter staying on as Wonder Woman, they kept Lyle Waggoner as "Steve Trevor", but made him "Steve Trevor Jr.", the son of the WWII-era Major Steve Trevor (the character Waggoner played in Season One).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:31 pm

MajorHoy wrote:I still have my copy that I bought back in the day (over 40 years ago . . . ).  
Cool

That is really cool. Over the years I've sold off a ton of stuff when I needed money I wish I still have.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:55 am

MajorHoy wrote:
By the way, did you get all three seasons of the show over there?  The first season, which was set during WWII, was originally broadcasted on one network (ABC) here in the U.S., but the second and third seasons were changed to take place in the then "present day" (1970s) and were shown on a different network (CBS). Aside from Lynda Carter staying on as Wonder Woman, they kept Lyle Waggoner as "Steve Trevor", but made him "Steve Trevor Jr.", the son of the WWII-era Major Steve Trevor (the character Waggoner played in Season One).
Well, that's very interesting MajorHoy, I somewhat remembered the WWII set of the series but in fact only the pilot episode of the ABC series had been translated and aired many times (hence the memory), so the complete 1st series have never been aired in Italy since Fox Retro translated it in 2011 Exclamation and broadcasted it in its original language with subtitles, which is not common here. The second and third (CBS) series were regularly translated at time and have been broadcasted too, many times in different channels during last decades.
The three series were marketed complete in a box of DVD Warner Bros. Entertainment and then sold also in weekly booklets by Rizzoli Publishing on newstands, together with the Batman '66 television series, in 2017 but, probably to save money, in this edition the first season preserves the original audio with only subtitles in Italian, while the second and third seasons are presented with the Italian dubbing of the first Italian broadcast. Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down