Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS"

5 posters

Go down

"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Empty "AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS"

Post by MajorHoy Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:36 pm

Well, if you weren't already aware of it, DC will bring us Dark Crisis for 2022.
"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Dc01-010
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/ZZWyPRG49-x9VxhtpP9I7tsq3wHYW5LEnK1zb-x9fTya06DtwA3hI74177bGJ5rIyATAgrG44TDxYU1fNgooIB_i6YFhdGrrqdkNwdFp9eo-u0oZH56_42a2gHutmaRvgiTjsBck

Joshua Williamson and Daniel Sampere Team on Dark Crisis Seven-Issue Event

A Special Prelude Is Available on Free Comic Book Day with Dark Crisis #0 FCBD Special Edition

One-Shot Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis #1 Will Be On Sale May 31

In the original Crisis on Infinite Earths by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, the homeworld of Pariah, along with the infinite Multiverse, was obliterated. Now this mad sole survivor has found a way to bring his homeworld and the entire infinite Multiverse back from the dead: Earth-0 must die. An ancient destructive force called the Great Darkness, first appearing in Swamp Thing by Alan Moore and Stan Woch, is the weapon Pariah will wield as he paves a path to rebirth and vengeance. In DC's next big event, DARK CRISIS, the heroes left behind must come together to combat this great evil and save the lost Justice League, but what happens when not everyone agrees to join the fight?

Dark Crisis is a monthly event, written by Joshua Williamson, featuring art by Daniel Sampere, colors by Alejandro Sánchez and lettering by Tom Napolitano, that will kick off with Dark Crisis #0 FCBD Special Edition, available on Free Comic Book Day. A special one-shot, Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis #1, will be available at local comics shops on May 31...
Here's a link to the complete posting: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/02/09/an-event-30-years-in-the-making-dark-crisis

Cover to FCBD issue:
"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Fcbd_c10

Cover for the Road to DC issue:
"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Road_t12
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Empty Re: "AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS"

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:57 am

I read about this news yesterday evening and wanted to write a post today, but I'm glad you did the "dirty" work, Major! Very Happy Cool Wink

Not really excited about this "event" and the use they'll do of this unknown Alan Moore created character (the Great Darkness... Question ); this thing has happened before with another "lost" character created by Alan Moore in an old Green Lantern story no one was remembering so far, am I right? Rolling Eyes
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Empty Re: "AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS"

Post by Mbast1 Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:51 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:this thing has happened before with another "lost" character created by Alan Moore in an old Green Lantern story no one was remembering so far, am I right? Rolling Eyes

Sodam Yat?

This one is bothering me. I may read it, I may even enjoy it and I'm not knocking DC. BUT, do they have to keep mining COIE? I mean, it was originally just a story method for making the changes they wanted, and it was meant to be done and forgotten. But, now they seem to KEEP going back to it over and over and it looks as if they're really out of ideas. I don't know what to think.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:03 am

Yes, he was really old Sodam Yat, hosting of Ion... Rolling Eyes

Yes, that is the point, I couldn't agree more with what you wrote about mining COIE... Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:07 pm

Speaking of COIE, here's the covers to the latest (quite cheap) edition, of this seminal work published (in two parts)
in Italy some months ago and, it seems, already sold out, again  Cool :

"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Coei111
"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Coie211
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:53 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Speaking of COIE, here's the covers to the latest (quite cheap) edition, of this seminal work published (in two parts)

The thing about CoIE is I really don't know how effective that event was if you didn't first read it closer to when it was published. Within a few years after DC published it, many of the things that seemed so unusual / innovative at the time it first came out were becoming less shocking and different in comic book stories.

It's still an important story / event from a historical standpoint, but if people had already been reading more current DC (or even Marvel) comic books for a while before trying CoIE, it becomes less spectacular and more common-place.

But I guess I'm just showing my age.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:35 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
The thing about CoIE is I really don't know how effective that event was if you didn't first read it closer to when it was published.  Within a few years after DC published it, many of the things that seemed so unusual / innovative at the time it first came out were becoming less shocking and different in comic book stories.

We have seen Crisis here for the first time in November 1990 but, due to previous licencee stopping publishing Dc Comics in 1984 we hadn't seen many Dc comic books except for some mini-series in 1985 and Kevin Maguire's Justice League and Mike Grelll's Green Arrow (with some Blackhawk...) in the spring of 1990 so CoIE it was a big surprise and a fine reading when read it at time! Cool

MajorHoy wrote:
It's still an important story / event from a historical standpoint, but if people had already been reading more current DC (or even Marvel) comic books for a while before trying CoIE, it becomes less spectacular and more common-place.

Well, that's another point, most common for most of us! Wink Smile
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:01 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote:Speaking of COIE, here's the covers to the latest (quite cheap) edition, of this seminal work published (in two parts)

The thing about CoIE is I really don't know how effective that event was if you didn't first read it closer to when it was published. Within a few years after DC published it, many of the things that seemed so unusual / innovative at the time it first came out were becoming less shocking and different in comic book stories.

Thing is, you can say the same thing about a lot of groundbreaking developments in comics. Fantastic Four is frequently held up as the first comic to make its heroes real people with real problems and interpersonal conflicts, but within a year of its publication that was pretty much the norm.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:32 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Speaking of COIE, here's the covers to the latest (quite cheap) edition

Those are really nice, thanks for sharing!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed May 04, 2022 9:42 pm

They've released a preview with the first few pages from Dark Crisis #0 for anybody who's interested.

DC Comics releases ‘Dark Crisis’ checklist and first 7 pages of FCBD Dark Crisis special
https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/02/dc-comics-first-seven-pages-of-dark-crisis-1/

And the checklist for this:
"AN EVENT 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING: DC's DARK CRISIS" Dark-c10
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Mbast1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri May 06, 2022 3:39 am

tony ingram wrote:Thing is, you can say the same thing about a lot of groundbreaking developments in comics. Fantastic Four is frequently held up as the first comic to make its heroes real people with real problems and interpersonal conflicts, but within a year of its publication that was pretty much the norm.

Right, and from my experience it can cause the original to look lacking. I've seen some things that were said to be groundbreaking in their time (offhand, I'm thinking of Wylie's Gladiator and Smith's Lensman) just look boring. Because I'd seen all the copies, and places where those ideas were used. NOT at all fair to the originals, but sometimes not seeing them at the time of their publication can kill the work.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri May 06, 2022 3:45 am

MajorHoy wrote:They've released a preview with the first few pages from Dark Crisis #0 for anybody who's interested.

The only FCBD thing I want, and I doubt I'll get it. Ah, well.

I could always buy a complete set of "free" books online for $125...
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri May 06, 2022 3:10 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:They've released a preview with the first few pages from Dark Crisis #0 for anybody who's interested.
The only FCBD thing I want, and I doubt I'll get it. Ah, well.
I'm not really all that interested in this year's FCBD books and currently don't even plan on going tomorrow.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Mon May 09, 2022 4:32 pm

I hope to receive the FCBD comics I ordered by mail in some weeks, due to usual postal delays Neutral did some of you guys then went to some Local Comic Shop to get some of them? Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon May 09, 2022 4:54 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I hope to receive the FCBD comics I ordered by mail in some weeks, due to usual postal delays Neutral did some of you guys then went to some Local Comic Shop to get some of them? Wink
I didn't bother going.

Nothing that really made me want to deal with taking the time (and gas!) to go up that way, plus the weather was suppose to be iffy in terms of rain.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue May 10, 2022 7:34 am

MajorHoy wrote:I didn't bother going.

I haven't gone in years. They were originally about bringing in new readers. When that didn't work it became a collector's event. Boring.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Spektre Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:53 pm

MajorHoy wrote:

The thing about CoIE is I really don't know how effective that event was if you didn't first read it closer to when it was published.  Within a few years after DC published it, many of the things that seemed so unusual / innovative at the time it first came out were becoming less shocking and different in comic book stories.

It's like they are children arguing. "My Crisis is a billion!" "Oh yeah, well, my Crisis is a billion billion!!" "Oh yeah well, my Crisis is eleventy bajillion kajillion!!!" ...
Spektre
Spektre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down