Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics)

4 posters

Go down

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) Empty Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics)

Post by MajorHoy Wed May 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Out in stores starting today:
Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) 3001198
Witchfinder: The Gates of Heaven #1
A series of occult events mystifies the man known as the Witchfinder, but even more surprising is the revelation that he is not alone in exploring the paranormal in London. When a personal invitation arrives from the palace, Sir Edward Grey is pulled even deeper into underground supernatural exploration alongside new allies in the race to stop a mad scientist from destroying London in his pursuit of mystical power.
Writer: Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson
Artist: D'Israeli
Colorist: Michelle Madsen
Cover Artist: D'Israeli
Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror
Publication Date: May 23, 2018
(U.S.) cover Price: $3.99
https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3001-198/Witchfinder-The-Gates-of-Heaven-1

I expect to get my copy when I visit the comic book shop in a few weeks.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) Empty Re: Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics)

Post by Lucy Ingram Sun May 27, 2018 2:37 pm

Queen Victoria looks... cuddly.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) Empty Re: Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics)

Post by MajorHoy Sun May 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Queen Victoria looks... cuddly.
You mean they should make a stuffed version of her so children could take her to bed each night and not be afraid of the (political?) monsters hiding under their beds or in their closets?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun May 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Didn't she always? Laughing
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun May 27, 2018 6:44 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Didn't she always? Laughing
Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) Queen-victoria-9518355-1-402
All depends on how you define "cuddly", I guess . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun May 27, 2018 8:31 pm

I think someone's just told her that her favourite show's been cancelled...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Mon May 28, 2018 6:13 pm

MajorHoy wrote:You mean they should make a stuffed version of her so children could take her to bed each night and not be afraid of the (political?) monsters hiding under their beds or in their closets?

In today's uber-patriotic nostalgia-obsessed Britain, the toys would probably sell like hot cakes.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue May 29, 2018 12:45 am

Lucy McGough wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:You mean they should make a stuffed version of her so children could take her to bed each night and not be afraid of the (political?) monsters hiding under their beds or in their closets?
In today's uber-patriotic nostalgia-obsessed Britain, the toys would probably sell like hot cakes.
Even a Camilla Parker Bowles action figure?

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) 2c073c865cad18ef979220d2a5b1cef7--garden-news-camilla-parker-bowles
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue May 29, 2018 8:47 am

MajorHoy wrote:
Lucy McGough wrote:
Even a Camilla Parker Bowles action figure?

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) 2c073c865cad18ef979220d2a5b1cef7--garden-news-camilla-parker-bowles
Probably not that one, no...

Camilla will never be forgiven for replacing "the People's Princess". Even though half the population hated Diana when she was alive.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue May 29, 2018 10:03 pm

tony ingram wrote: Even though half the population hated Diana when she was alive.

People are strange. When someone dies, the narrative often changes.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed May 30, 2018 5:42 am

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote: Even though half the population hated Diana when she was alive.

People are strange. When someone dies, the narrative often changes.
Yeah, but in Diana's cae it was extreme. She went from being That Tart Who'd Let Down the Royals to Saint Diana the Eternally Blessed overnight.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu May 31, 2018 8:25 pm

tony ingram wrote:She went from being That Tart Who'd Let Down the Royals to Saint Diana the Eternally Blessed overnight.

I blame Elton John.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu May 31, 2018 8:58 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:She went from being That Tart Who'd Let Down the Royals to Saint Diana the Eternally Blessed overnight.

I blame Elton John.
So do I. Oddly enough, I think I was saying that only last week. It was that bloody record that did it.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu May 31, 2018 9:07 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
I blame Elton John.
So do I. Oddly enough, I think I was saying that only last week. It was that bloody record that did it.
The way she died may also have played a part, being literally hounded to death by the paparazzi.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu May 31, 2018 9:16 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
I blame Elton John.
The way she died may also have played a part, being literally hounded to death by the paparazzi.
If she'd been wearing a seatbelt, it may have been a different story. Learn from this, kids: always wear a seatbelt, or you could end up a dead legend instead of a living, rich floozy.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 pm

I'm sure I heard somewhere that a lot of people don't have a problem with Camilla.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:I'm sure I heard somewhere that a lot of people don't have a problem with Camilla.
The Queen, for one...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:40 am

tony ingram wrote:
Lucy McGough wrote:I'm sure I heard somewhere that a lot of people don't have a problem with Camilla.
The Queen, for one...
How does Camilla compare to the late Wallis Simpson (a.k.a. the Duchess of Windsor)?

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) Rexfeatures_774662_2031042a
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
The Queen, for one...
How does Camilla compare to the late Wallis Simpson (a.k.a. the Duchess of Windsor)?

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) Rexfeatures_774662_2031042a
Society today being what it is, I doubt most people even remember Mrs Simpson, and those that have heard of her see it as a romantic episode, the King giving everything up for love, while treating Camilla completely differently.

Last edited by tony ingram on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:07 am

Edward VIII was a playboy prince who would have been a rubbish king. Thankfully, he gave up the throne so he could continue his relationship with an American divorcée, which the pair of them saw as deeply romantic and everybody else saw as bloody silly. They spent the rest of their lives wining, dining and contributing naff all to society. But we didn't care, because thanks to Eddie the Feeble swanning off we ended up with his niece as one of the greatest monarchs (if not THE greatest) this country has ever seen: Queen Elizabeth II.

Camilla is the woman Charles should've married in the first place, but for some reason it was thought she wasn't good enough, so Charles and Diana were basically forced to marry each other, and it made both of them deeply unhappy. Luckily, the whole ghastly episode made the Royal Family see that their progeny should have the freedom to choose whom to marry, which resulted in William marrying Kate (a Good Thing) and Harry marrying Meghan (ditto).
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Edward VIII was a playboy prince who would have been a rubbish king. Thankfully, he gave up the throne so he could continue his relationship with an American divorcée, which the pair of them saw as deeply romantic and everybody else saw as bloody silly. They spent the rest of their lives wining, dining and contributing naff all to society.
But aren't there some who say that they spent the rest of their lives whining?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 am

Back to the comic book (oh, why not!):
Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) 3001199
Witchfinder: The Gates of Heaven #2
Edward Grey starts to run out of leads when a familiar enemy tries to throttle his investigation. Meanwhile, the stakes only get higher as a ghostly thief continues to terrorize London.
Publication Date: June 20, 2018
https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3001-199/Witchfinder-The-Gates-of-Heaven-2

Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) 3001200
Witchfinder: The Gates of Heaven #3
The Witchfinder gets invaluable information from a strange source with ties to the Heliopic Brotherhood, meanwhile, the supernatural activity in London hits a tipping point when a crazed, seemingly possessed man attacks people in the streets, and the dockside is thrown into an uproar when an enormous monster appears over the Thames.
Publication Date: July 18, 2018
https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3001-200/Witchfinder-The-Gates-of-Heaven-3

And coming in August (2018):
Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) 3001201
Witchfinder: The Gates of Heaven #4
A terrible loss draws the Witchfinder ever deeper into the hunt for the source of the supernatural terror gripping London. Recruiting new allies to his cause, Grey's search brings him to the very doorstep of those responsible, but is he in time to stop their horrific scheme from engulfing the entire city in darkness?
Publication Date: August 15, 2018
https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3001-201/Witchfinder-The-Gates-of-Heaven-4
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:35 am

After Witchfinder: The Gates of Heaven, the next storyline was Witchfinder: The Reign of Darkness which was released in single issues between November 2019 and March 2020.

The tpb collection came out in October.
Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder (Dark Horse Comics) Witchf14
Witchfinder Volume 6: The Reign of Darkness TPB

Sir Edward Grey takes on Victorian London's most infamous killer: Jack the Ripper! Abandoned by Scotland Yard when he insists on an occult purpose to the murders, Grey finds an ally in American occult adventurer Sarah Jewell. Their investigation leads them to the Proserpine Home for Wayward Women, and a dangerous conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of British political power!
Collects Witchfinder: Reign of Darkness #1-#5 and bonus material.

Creators
Artist: Christopher Mitten
Letterer: Clem Robins
Cover Artist: Julian Totino Tedesco
Genre: Horror, Action/Adventure
Publication Date: October 07, 2020
Format: FC, 144 pages; TPB; 6 5/8" x 10 3/16"
(U.S.) Price: $19.99
Age range: 14
ISBN-10: 1-50671-406-4
ISBN-13: 978-1-50671-406-6
https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3004-661/Witchfinder-Volume-6-The-Reign-of-Darkness-TPB
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down