Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries

3 posters

Go down

GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries Empty GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries

Post by MajorHoy Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:21 pm

GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries Genera13
DC PRESENTS GENERATION ONE: AGE OF MYSTERIES

The Charge Towards DC’s Future Continues!

Series of Five One-Shot Comics Spotlight DC’s Super Hero Heritage, While Revealing Secrets that Will Shape its Future!

BURBANK, CA (February 13, 2020) – The path to DC’s future continues to unfold in Generation One: Age of Mysteries! On sale in May, Generation One: Age of Mysteries is the first of five oversized Prestige format one-shots, each detailing a different age in DC’s storied, super heroic legacy!

Generation One: Age of Mysteries follows DC’s Generation Zero: Gods Among Us, in stores on Free Comic Book Day 2020.

“The Generation series of specials are built to bring the new DC timeline to life,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “With Generation One: Age of Mysteries and every subsequent volume we’ll be shining a spotlight on the 80-plus-year publishing history of the DC universe while charting the course for the bright future of DC’s characters. All of our greatest stories and events will create the backdrop and context for the great new adventures we have planned. Everything counts, and we guarantee there’ll be surprises along the way!”

Readers of Generation One: Age of Mysteries will witness firsthand major events from throughout the history of the DC universe as seen through the eyes of characters like Wonder Woman, Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), Mister Terrific (Terry Sloane), and others. The series of one-shots will also expose secrets from DC’s history, such as:
•What was the previously undocumented “big bang” of the Age of Mysteries?
•Which character truly ushers in the dawn of Super Heroes, inspiring all the rest?
•What was the real reason behind the Justice Society of America’s retirement?
•Which Golden Age hero will become history’s greatest villain?
•What contentious alliance kept the Wayne family dynasty alive after Thomas and Martha’s deaths?
•Who are the new, never-seen-before wildcards that will be instrumental in fashioning DC’s push to the future?

These five books will have all the answers to these questions, setting up DC’s boldest storylines ever while laying the groundwork for more excitement to come. The five Generation issues will feature a who’s who of creative talent, with an overarching story by Brian Michael Bendis, Dan Jurgens, Andy Schmidt, Robert Venditti, and Joshua Williamson, illustrated by artists including Doug Mahnke, Bryan Hitch, Mikel Janín, Ivan Reis, David Marquez, and more.

Generation One: Age of Mysteries is scripted by Andy Schmidt, with lead art by Doug Mahnke. Each of DC’s Generation one-shots will feature a cover by Jim Cheung and a variant cover by Gary Frank. Generation Two: Age of the Metahuman, Generation Three: Age of Crisis, Generation Four: Age of Rebirth and Generation Five: Age of Tomorrow will follow monthly after Generation One: Age of Mysteries.

Generation One: Age of Mysteries is a 48-page, Prestige format one-shot on sale at comic book stores and participating online retailers on May 27, 2020. For more information on the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, visit www.dccomics.com, the DC YouTube channel, or follow @DCComics and @TheDCNation on social media.
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/02/13/dc-presents-generation-one-age-of-mysteries

Previewsworld currently lists Generation One: Age of Mysteries as
In Shops: May 27, 2020
SRP: $5.99

However, this was announced prior to Dan DiDio's sudden exit from DC comics, and the June 2020 solicitations had no entry for Generation Two (Age of the Metahuman). (https://www.newsarama.com/49420-dc-s-generation-event-missing-from-june-2020-solicitations.html)

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what will happen to all this.

Oh, and here's some Generation-related artwork that came from reddit:
GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries Genera12
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries Empty Re: GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries

Post by tony ingram Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:41 pm

So long as the Golden Agers are back. that's all I care about!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pm

tony ingram wrote:So long as the Golden Agers are back. that's all I care about!
I would amend that to include "and how they are treated".

I'm also worried about that
Which Golden Age hero will become history’s greatest villain?
bit. I'm wondering if they're going to make Terry Sloane's Mister Terrific into that "villain" (as an echo of the New52's Terry Sloan from Earth 2) or maybe Mr. America/Americomando (Tex Thompson) could be the one since that's what happened in the Elseworld-series The Golden Age.

Guess we'll have to see what happens, especially now in the post-DiDio world of DC.

GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries 87796
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:33 pm

This all looks really interesting. I might follow it, but I guess that depends on if DC even continues this without Didio.
We shall see.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Mbast1 wrote:This all looks really interesting. I might follow it, but I guess that depends on if DC even continues this without Didio.
We shall see.
I'm assuming DC will continue with this series even without DiDio.
The question may be more about how it may change or not and what it may eventually lead into. Having a mini-series that could help bring clarity to the DC Universe's timeline in this post-Rebirth continuity isn't a bad idea.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:46 am

MajorHoy wrote: Having a mini-series that could help bring clarity to the DC Universe's timeline in this post-Rebirth continuity isn't a bad idea.

Not at all, and this looks kinda fun anyway.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote: Having a mini-series that could help bring clarity to the DC Universe's timeline in this post-Rebirth continuity isn't a bad idea.
Not at all, and this looks kinda fun anyway.
Of course, now that FCBD (and I'm assuming Generation Zero) has been postponed until "a date later in the Summer" (see: https://crikey.forumotion.com/t913-free-comic-book-day-2020), who knows what may be happening with all this now.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Previewsworld still lists Generation One: Age of Mysteries as

Whether any physical comic books will be back to being printed / distributed then is unknown, or if DC could decide to release it digitally while waiting for the comic book shops to get back to normal business is another possibility. Or maybe the whole project could get delayed?

I believe last I heard was that DC was going to halt digital releases of new comics that would normally also be available as printed comic books until at least later in April, but I don't know if anything more recent has been reported.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:37 pm

That was the last I heard. I think they're trying to show solidarity with the retailers.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:36 am

tony ingram wrote:That was the last I heard. I think they're trying to show solidarity with the retailers.
But unlike most of the independent publishers who said they wouldn't be putting out any digital versions of new print comic books until this was over, I think DC was slower and less committed in how they were announcing all this. They seemed to have been leaving more openings for themselves to possibly go with alternate plans for distributing and publishing after a while.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:02 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:That was the last I heard. I think they're trying to show solidarity with the retailers.
But unlike most of the independent publishers who said they wouldn't be putting out any digital versions of new print comic books until this was over, I think DC was slower and less committed in how they were announcing all this. They seemed to have been leaving more openings for themselves to possibly go with alternate plans for distributing and publishing after a while.
I agree. But, they got there in the end. I think it's the right decision.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:54 pm

Previewsworld still has Generation One: Age of Mysteries as

But who knows if anybody is doing anything to revise information for their entries on dates and such?

ComicsList.com has a New Comic Book Releases List for 04/28/2020 which shows what books DC was planning to put out for distribution this week not using Diamond here in North America, and there was also a mention that "Other publishers appear to be waiting until Diamond Distribution starts shipping again. From the rescheduling I have monitored, it looks as though Diamond plans on making May 20 their next new comics Wednesday."

As for GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries, ComicList.com's Extended Forecast shows that currently listed as "TBD".
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:53 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Previewsworld still has Generation One: Age of Mysteries as

But who knows if anybody is doing anything to revise information for their entries on dates and such?
And at last check, Previewsworld still(!!!) has Generation One: Age of Mysteries as
I'm surprised they haven't removed the listing in light of DC's latest move to not go through Diamond.

MajorHoy wrote: . . . As for GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries, ComicList.com's Extended Forecast shows that currently listed as "TBD".
That is still the case (as of June 15th).

In trying to find any new information on what (if anything?) may happen toward any eventual release of GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries, Bleeding Cool had this in a post dated June 2nd:
. . . There is no news at all about Generation One, the first in a planned series of five one-shots, each taking a different generation of DC Super Heres and initially planned to lead up to Generation Five or 5G, and a relaunch and reworking of the DC Universe with new characters taking the lead roles. But all that is very much on the back burner. The Free Comic Book Day that would have launched it, with a reworking of Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth's Flash #750 sequel to Flash Foward, dubbed Generation Zero, would have teed all this off. But that's all been delayed as well.

These are the questions the solicitations asked "what is the previously undocumented "big bang" of the heroic age? What was the real reason behind the Justice Society's retirement? Which hero of the Golden Age makes a shocking transformation into its greatest villain?" Looks like we'll have to wait a lot longer, if at all, to find out.
from Man-Bat Rescheduled by DC Comics – But Where is Generation One?
(https://bleedingcool.com/comics/man-bat-rescheduled-dc-comics-generation-one/)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Just discovered an article on Bleeding Cool posted a few days ago that would seem to indicate Generation One: Age of Mysteries may be dead in the water. (Yeah, I know the whole 5G project was unlikely to ever happen when DiDio was fired, but I had hoped that at least Generation One might be released since work was already done and it would clarify the new past for the history of the DC Universe.)

Here's the story link, which talks about Detective Comics #1027:
DC Confirms Generations Is Cancelled, In Detective Comics #1027
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-confirms-generations-is-cancelled-in-detective-comics-1027/

from the article:
GENERATION ONE: Age of Mysteries Dtc_1010
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down