Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW

3 posters

Go down

The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW Empty The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW

Post by MajorHoy Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:41 pm

From IDW's website:
The Rocketeer: The Great Race Comic Book Celebrates the 40th Anniversary of the High-Flying Adventurer

“Rocketeer Month” Honors the Legacy of Rocketeer Creator Dave Stevens with Brand-New Miniseries and Encore Printing of The Rocketeer Artist’s Edition

SAN DIEGO, CA (January 20, 2022) – This April, IDW invites pulp adventure fans on a trans-Atlantic journey in The Rocketeer: The Great Race! A brand-new four-issue comic book miniseries commemorating 40 years of Dave Stevens’ iconic hero, The Great Race soars to stratospheric storytelling heights courtesy of New York Times bestselling writer/artist Stephen Mooney!
“Writing and drawing a Rocketeer book has long been somewhat of a bucket-list item for me. I grew up on Dave Stevens' unique blend of swashbuckling derring-do and pulpy adventure with Cliff, Betty, and Peevy, and those seminal issues still stand today as one of my favorite series of all time,” says Mooney. “It's incredibly daunting and yet also fantastically thrilling and a real challenge. Let's take to the skies!”
In The Great Race, stunt pilot Cliff Secord returns to a West Coast steeped in paranoia over the looming war in Europe. Having finally had enough of his near-death scrapes as the high-flying Rocketeer, the only thing in Cliff's crosshairs is a prestigious, winner-take-all air race that runs from California to France! Maybe it's finally time to smarten up and fly straight… by taking his best girl Betty to Paris! But other parties want to win the race for their own nefarious ends, and Cliff will need to decide which prize is truly the most valuable of all.
As an additional bonus, each issue of The Rocketeer: The Great Race will contain an oral history featuring Dave Stevens’s friends, family, and fellow artists, all culled together by Kelvin Mao, the director of the forthcoming documentary on the beloved artist!
You can read the rest of this here:
https://www.idwpublishing.com/news/articles/the-rocketeer-the-great-race-comic-book-celebrates-the-40th-anniversary-of-the-high-flying-adventurer

The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW Rocket12

The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW Rocket11

Also, there'll be a re-issue of Dave Stevens’ The Rocketeer Artist’s Edition.
The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW Rocket10
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW Empty Re: The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:39 pm

It's always fun when The Rocketeer is back with a new miniseries, although no one is Dave Stevens, of course! Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW Empty Re: The Rocketeer: The Great Race - 4-issue series from IDW

Post by MajorHoy Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:09 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:It's always fun when The Rocketeer is back with a new miniseries, although no one is Dave Stevens, of course! Cool
I passed on IDW's last one (2015-2016's The Rocketeer at War) which was written by Marc Guggenheim and the concept sounded a bit off to me.

Since this new series sounds like it's more geared toward Cliff Secord's earlier era (1930s vs. 1940s) I'm hoping it will work better for me.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:08 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:It's always fun when The Rocketeer is back with a new miniseries, although no one is Dave Stevens, of course! Cool

No one is, but this does sound like fun!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down