Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse)

2 posters

Go down

World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse) Empty World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse)

Post by MajorHoy Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:49 pm

When I was at the comic book store this week I found the last copy of:
World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse) Cc69622c696a6beb849b51941b7cc39a_xl
World of Tanks: Citadel #1
The Eastern Front, 1943: as the cataclysmic Battle of Kursk looms large, Captain Piotr Piotrowicz and his driver, Natalya ''Ginger'' Pulkhova, prepare their unit for action-- equipped with the worst tanks in the Russian inventory. On the opposite side, German tankers Karl Kraft and Freddie Stadler brace for the onslaught--well aware that failure here will put their Soviet enemy on the road to Berlin. Garth Ennis and PJ Holden present a second action-packed story of armored warfare, inspired by the phenomenally popular game World of Tanks.
Creators
Writer: Garth Ennis
Artist: PJ Holden
Colorist: Mike Atiyeh
Cover Artist: Isaac Hannaford
Publication Date: May 09, 2018
Format: FC, 32 pages; Miniseries
(U.S. Cover) Price: $3.99
Age range: 14
https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3002-052/World-of-Tanks-Citadel-1
It's suppose to be a five-issue series; issue #2 is due out this coming Wednesday (June 13th).

Anybody else buy this (or the previous run from 2016, World of Tanks (Roll Out) which featured art by both Holden and Carlos Ezquerra?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse) Empty Re: World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse)

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:19 am

Y'know, I'm not really use to Nazi soldiers using terms like "Wankers!" and "Bollocks!" . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse) Empty Re: World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse)

Post by Lucy Ingram Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:13 am

Well, they probably did. But in German.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Well, they probably did. But in German.
Actually, I kinda doubt it. They may have said things that were similar in meaning, but I believe those two terms are more British in in origin than anything else; as far as I know, they aren't exactly universal among speakers of what is considered any form of English.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down