Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? - Page 2 Empty Re: What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying?

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am

I have bought the Fearless Dawn meets Hellboy one shot, published not by Dark Horse but by Albatross Funnybooks (the publisher of The Goon), which has a great Mignola variant cover, shown below, and three interior pages drawn by old Mike himself, the rest are by Fearless Dawn creator Steve Mannion!
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? - Page 2 Fearle10
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? - Page 2 Empty Re: What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying?

Post by MajorHoy Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:56 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I have bought the Fearless Dawn meets Hellboy one shot, published not by Dark Horse but by Albatross Funnybooks (the publisher of The Goon), which has a great Mignola variant cover, shown below, and three interior pages drawn by old Mike himself, the rest are by Fearless Dawn creator Steve Mannion!
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? - Page 2 Fearle10
Wasn't aware of that one.

Looks like Previewsworld says it came out in  mid-September, so maybe next time I go to the comic book shop I can see if they can still order one for me? (I don't know if that store normally carries Fearless Dawn or not, though I think I have seen an issue or two of The Goon on the shelves in the past.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Wasn't aware of that one.

Looks like Previewsworld says it came out in  mid-September, so maybe next time I go to the comic book shop I can see if they can still order one for me? (I don't know if that store normally carries Fearless Dawn or not, though I think I have seen an issue or two of The Goon on the shelves in the past.)

I suppose so Major, due the Mignola art it contains I imagine it has had a greater print run, compared to the usual one of every Fearless Dawn; btw the one pictured above is the variant Mignola cover, the "normal" one is the following one:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? - Page 2 Fearle14
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:22 am

Other comics I have bought are some issues from the Boom! Studios mini-series Faithless II written by old Brian Azzarello and nicely drawn in a particular style by Maria Llovet! Cool What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? - Page 2 Faithl11
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:02 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . written by old Brian Azzarello . . .
"Old"??   Shocked  
According to Wikipedia, he was born in August of 1962.

(And that makes him slightly younger than me!)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:27 am

MajorHoy wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote: . . . written by old Brian Azzarello . . .
"Old"??   Shocked  
According to Wikipedia, he was born in August of 1962.

(And that makes him slightly younger than me!)

It was just being a little ironic, Major! Very Happy
Btw, I realized that soccer legend Diego Armando Maradona, recently deceased, was just eleven years older than me.... Shocked
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2